Chapter 10

Amanda

It has been two months since I last saw him, the father of my babies. My stomach has grown bigger, but not so much. I’m in the fourth month off the pregnancy and it’s usually by this time someone with on baby really starts

My job at the café is going real smooth. I think that Jake has been avoiding the place and for that I’m grateful. I really don’t want to see his face; I mean he rejected Our babies, babies that will have to grow up without their real father.

My feelings for Eddie have subsided mostly. I don’t really know why, but I think of him more as a big brother than a love interest, although he is such a sweetheart that I will probably always have a small crush on him. I really don’t think I could be with him anyway since he’s Alex’s best friend so there he went into the trashcan as a father figure for the twins. His feelings for me have also gone away. I don’t know if they were even there in the first place. He is a very confusing guy. Always has been.

We don’t live at Eddie’s place anymore, Alex and me. Alex has gotten a job too and together we bought a small apartment with our saved up money. The apartment is nothing fancy or big, but it is enough. And that’s perfectly fine for me.

Even though Alex has gotten a job, he still goes school, and he still has his friends. He plans on graduating, and then getting a full part job so he can take care of us, me and the babies. I don’t want him to do this and he knows that. But nothing that I say or do can make him change his mind. His words, not mine.

He’s the most important person in my life, and I love him so much that it’s hard to describe. He gave up having parents, having money and a big house. He almost gave up on school too, but that’s the only thing I convinced him not to do. He quit football, since he said that he doesn’t have the time. Which must royally suck for him, he loved that sport more than anything.

He still has his friends though. Speaking of friends, Hayley and I haven’t spoken since the whole confrontation in school two months ago. I miss her like crazy, and there have been uncountable times that I almost have called her. I say almost because I haven’t had the guts to do it.

Funny, I have the guts to carry two babies for 9 months, but I don’t have the guts to call my ex best friend, even though she probably would just hang up on me. Or send me straight to voice mail.

I haven’t heard anything from my parents either. They haven’t called either me or Alex, and we haven’t called anyone of them. Alex sees them as dead. I’m not sure what I see them as. But one thing’s for sure. Nothing will ever be the same between the four of us.

“Amanda, what are you doing?” My brother asks coming into my room, an amused expression clear over his face. I sigh heavily.

“Well, I was trying to put this crib that I bought today together, but I found it to be too hard, even when I had read the instructions, so I gave up and just laid down on the floor since I am too tired to stand up and walk three feet over to my bed that is just staring at me, challenging me to come and lay down on it” I ramble out, sitting up with the help off my elbows. I know I’m not big or anything, but I have always been kind of weak and tiny. Alex laughs but sits down next to me, grabbing the instructions.

“I’ll help you since I’m the best brother in the whole world” Alex jokes. He doesn’t even get that he is the best brother in the whole world and I was just about to tell him that, but he cuts me off by telling me to go and get the toolbox we have in the kitchen. I groan but heave myself up and go and get it.

The kitchen isn’t that far away anyway, in fact, I only have to walk like 6 meters to get to it.

We had gotten an apartment with two bedrooms, one for me and the babies when they come and one for Alex. There was also a bathroom, which is really small, but it has a bathtub so I’m happy, and then there’s the kitchen which is a notch bigger than the bathroom, then there’s the living room, where we eat and where the TV is placed along with a computer that Alex had ‘stolen’ from ‘our home’ when our ‘parents’ weren’t there. They must have noticed but I don’t think they care.