Chapter 4

Amanda

Mom came out. She did not even look at me. She just went by. She knows.

Then dad and Alex came out.

“You, come, now” my father said with the voice he always get when he’s pissed off. I saw Alex mouthing sorry to me. I was pretty much screwed.

After them came Jake and at older woman, I guess it was his mom. Our glazes met. He then looked down on my stomach. I felt a bit awkward tension in the air.

I started walking after my dad. He went so fast it was hard to keep up. But I couldn’t and wouldn’t blame him.

20 minutes later …

My parents sat on the other side of the kitchen table. They looked upset. Alex was sitting right next to me. It felt good to have him here. He was the only one who supported me and accepted that I would keep the baby. Even if Jake didn’t want to be a part of it.

“You can’t live here anymore” my father said waking me up from my thoughts.

“What do you mean” I said trying to hold the tears inside but they kept burning.

“You aren’t the daughter I raised, the daughter I raised died when she had sex with young Mr. Smith” I felt tears coming down on my cheeks. I looked over at mom but she didn’t look at me, I guess she was too ashamed.

“You can’t just do that” I heard my brother say. I felt better.

“Watch us” dad said” I want you to be out in an hour”. I stood up from my chair. And then went to my room and started packing.

“If she goes, I go” I heard someone screaming from downstairs.

“You can’t go, I don’t allow you to go” I heard another say.

“I’m 18 I can do whatever I want, and I decide that I don’t want to leave my 16 year old sister to live by herself, especially now” I heard Alex scream as he ran up the stairs and into my room.

“Pack, you stuff, we are getting the hell out of here” and before I could say something he was out the door.

Jake

By the time me and my mom got home she had stopped crying. I almost knew how she felt. My mom was young when she had me and my dad just walked out of her. I guess it’s from him I got the gene. I was going to do the same thing on Am, but it was only for her and the baby’s best. Even if I stuck around I was never going to be good for it.

Sure, I really wished I had a dad sometimes, but not My dad. I hated him and I knew that my baby was going to do the exact same thing.

When we got inside of the door, the first thing my mom did was to give me a huge hug. I’d expect her to yell at me but no. We stood there for a while, just stood there.

“I will support Amanda’s and yours decision, no matter what,” mom said to me. Should I tell her that I was not going to help her at all? That I was following in my father’s footsteps? No, not yet.

When I later laid in my bed I was thinking about that night two months ago. I went through every detail. How could I let this happen? I was always safe when it came to sex. I had always a condom. What made me think that I could just hold it out. She did. With her sexy body and the way she looked at me, it was like I was the only man in the world that could make her feel like that. It just felt so good.

Amanda

I need to talk to him. I want to know what his decision was. I needed to call him and ask if he is going to stand by my side through this pregnancy or if he is just going to be like anyone else in the school hallways.