Chapter 3- Reunion

Edd was shocked by the fuming redhead in his doorway. "K-Kevin! Why are you here? How did you even get into the build-"
"Shove it, dork." Kevin slammed the door shut behind him and stomped over to Edd's desk. "Where do you get off giving my sweet little baby sister a WEEK of detention and screwing over her chance to graduate?!"

Edd huffed and mumbled "Ms. Barr is anything but sweet."

"What did you say?!" Kevin slammed his fist against the top of the desk.

Edd flinched at Kevin's action and then cleared his throat to speak up "Your sister has displayed a consistent pattern of disrespect and lack of will or motivation to apply herself within the classroom. She has weeks worth of missing assignments, enough that she should have failed out of this class after the first semester. Truthfully, this minor consequence was a long time coming, considering her track record throughout her high school career."

Kevin blinked down at him. He remembered the slightly sarcastic and smart boy from his youth, but was shocked at the nonchalant confidence exuding from this now man. It had been 10 years since they truly interacted. Sure, coming back on holidays throughout the years, they would see each other in passing. And thanks to the power of social media, he would see a post now and then about the successes of the former neighborhood nerd. But he never really paid too much attention. Once Edd left in the middle of the summer following their graduation, he just seemed to stay up in New England. Even in the summer, the brunette would stay and take summer courses at Harvard, found internships at local engineering labs, or studied abroad learning God knows what.

Kevin allowed his mind to briefly acknowledged how handsome Edd had grown to be. He noticed the slight build of his biceps and shoulders hidden underneath the burnt orange button up he wore, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, allowing his pale forearms to shine in contrast.
Kevin shook this out of his mind and quickly grabbed a chair, swinging it over to sit adjacent to the side of the desk.
Before Edd could protest, Kevin was seated and placing his feet crossed on top of the edge of his desk.

It took a moment of shock for Edd to really let the image of this man before him sink in.
Kevin Barr somehow had managed to become more attractive from when they were teens. His presence was large, but Edd imagined that came mostly from his personality. It was hard to tell from their seated positions, but Kevin couldn't have stood taller than 5'11". He still had a very strong yet slim build, like that of K.J. Apa or 2014 Zac Efron. Edd's heart fluttered noticing he still had that vibrant, fluffy red hair. Perfectly coiffed and defying gravity, peeking from underneath his backwards forest green baseball style "St. Daniel's Academy Football" cap.
His face was perfectly chiseled, framed by a warmer red scruff across his chin and jaw. His natural tan highlighted his mesmerizing deep green eyes. Good Lord, those eyes could still make him melt.
He was dressed in a sporty black zip up hoodie, a tight navy t-shirt, and slim fit charcoal gray Nike joggers.

Edd tried to not let his eyes linger on the sweatpants. He felt a deep blush cross his face and he quickly averted his eyes to Kevin's sneakers. His filthy green Adidas that were on his desk right next to his lunch!
"Kevin! Please remove your disgusting shoes from my desk this instant!" Edd quickly pulled what was remaining of his sushi away from Kevin's feet.

Kevin chuckled, he sort of forgot how much of a germophobe Eddward Parkin was. He slowly placed his feet flat on the ground and leaned forward towards the teacher, resting his elbows on his knees- allowing his biceps and chest to flex. "Ya know, I never pegged you for a bully. Especially to teenage girls. A pretty dick move, if you ask me."

Edd whipped his head towards Kevin, a blush on his face and bitterness in his eyes. "Excuse me, Mr. Barr! I was doing my job, and I do it quite well, thank you. Speaking of which, don't you have some overly privileged boys to coach at your fancy private school?"