Chapter 5- First Date

That much anticipated Friday evening had finally arrived, and Edd felt as if he may vomit. He had never been so nervous for a date. But he also had never waited so long for any other date. Especially one he never thought he'd get a chance to go on.

Edd was still in shock.
He was going on an actual date with Kevin Barr.
Never in his teen fantasies could he imagine this day to be reality.

But here he was tearing through his closet for the perfect outfit.
Shirts and pants were being tossed about the room. He typically liked to keep his space tidy, but he was too anxious to be bothered placing the items back in their proper place. He had already tried on several outfits and nothing felt good enough. It didn't help that he had no idea where they were going.
When asking for clues earlier in the week, Kevin had only texted "bring a ski mask and a pair of flip flops ;P"
Edd rolled his eyes and thought outloud to himself "How could this man still be so childish?"

He finally settled on a nice tailored pair of white mid thigh shorts, a light heather blue polo, his old black beanie, and white low top Converse.
Just as he was adjusting his beanie in the mirror, his phone began to ring.
The screen lit up with Kevin's name and Edd's anxiety kicked into high gear.
He answered his phone perhaps a little too eagerly "Kevin! Yes, hello! Salutations!" He cringed at himself and silently cursed to be 'more chill.'

"Hey dude, I'm outside your apartment, but I'm having a tough time finding a parking spot on this street."

"Curses. Yes, I should have told you...finding street parking is always quite difficult in this area. You should be alright to idle with your hazard lights on and I will be out momentarily." Edd was rushing around looking for his wallet and keys, turning off the lights in each room as he made his way through his apartment.

"Oh, I was gonna come to your door..." Kevin sounded disappointed.

"That's quite alright, Kevin. I will be right out to meet you!" Edd absently said as he was slipping his wallet into his back pocket. "See you soon!"

Kevin smiled and took in a deep breath, "I'll be right outside." He hung up.

"Well, Albert" Edd knelt down to the sleeping cat on his couch "Wish me luck!" He softly pet Albert's head and then jogged out his front door.

And there was Kevin, leaning against the passenger side of his black 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible. Edd lost his breath at the sight of his enchanting date. His mind went fuzzy and his knees went weak taking in the charcoal gray chino shorts and olive green short sleeve Henley t-shirt that seemed to highlight Kevin's body in all the right ways.

Kevin looked over at the flustered man on the porch and smiled "Hey!" He anxiously waved. "You coming?"

Edd shook himself back to reality "oh, yes yes! Let me just lock my door."
He quickly turned to lock his front door and scurried down his porch steps to Kevin's car, where the former jock was holding the passenger door open with a dazzling big smile on his face. "You look really nice, Edd."

Edd blushed again. He thought that may be occurring quite often if he would be spending time with Kevin.

"Thank you, Kevin. You look quite sharp, yourself." Edd said as he took his seat on the passenger side.
Kevin chuckled as he shut the door for Edd and jogged around to hop over his closed door into the driver's seat.

"You ready?" Kevin said with a cheeky smile.

Edd felt his heart flutter, he had been ready for this date since he was 14. He confidently looked into Kevin's eyes, "Absolutely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, close your eyes." Kevin couldn't hide his giddiness, but wanted to seem mysterious.