✨2.20✨

Kenzie's POV

continuing from previous chapters

"yeah your time. look Kenz i've really missed you."

"so i've heard."

"i don't know where to start, how have you been holding up?"

"really John?" the tone of frustration escaped my mouth

god i really don't want to get my emotions have control of me, but why is he being like this. please get straight to the point

"well i haven't been too good but im slowly getting back to my normal self. friends do wonders you know?"

"yeah i know, i'm glad you are getting better"

"me too" sighing, i need to bring it up because he'll take forever to do it himself. "what did you need my time for?"

"ok, i wanted to talk to you and explain everything. i know it was Mandla who told you, he even showed you proof. it's all true."

"mhmm yeah i figured"

"look im really sorry Kenz, i really am" 

silence fell amongst the two as the boy was figuring out what else to say.

"i messed up, really badly. it was a bad move, im sorry. i was overthinking that day, i felt like it was a one sided relationship with us. it felt like it was me who liked you and you were just being nice to me. i was afraid that i got the wrong idea, in my heart i wanted to believe you liked me back. my brain didn't believe that so i came into a conclusion that you didn't like me"

"wow John, i wouldn't shamelessly flirt with you if i didn't have feelings for you. i posted you and talked about you all the time on my spam, we fall asleep on facetime and do all those couple things. i don't understand how you thought i wouldn't catch feelings from that."

"Kenz i really wanted to believe you liked me. in my heart i knew that you maybe did but it just didn't process in my mind."

wow, i wished that it wouldn't turn out like this but it did. i feel sorry that he didn't feel my feelings for him, but i'm just disappointed he came into conclusions and ran with them.

"well you were wrong John. it's ok."

yeah, it's ok. i wasn't his girlfriend. he didn't know.
it hurts.

"no it isn't Kenz, i really want to be with you. to hold you and be there for you"

"i know John, but what's done is done."

this was rlly sad lowkey. 😩😩😩😩😩😩 can u guys comment if u want a happy or unexpected ending