XI

A/N: I swear slow burns kill me this is chapter ELEVEN and nobody has even kissed yet. 

no I don't care they've only known each other for about four days shush. Plus that's no excuse for Plink (is it Plink? Did we decide on Plink?) anyway.

You were riding back to the Meyer's, in front of Mush again. For better or worse, you were travelling a lot more slowly, which caused Mush to not hold onto you quite so much. 

Blink was currently riding with Peggy. It had taken a lot of convincing, but eventually he agreed. 

Peggy was now looking over at you and grinning like a fool every time for two reasons, not just one. And somehow Mush didn't see the grins, or at least didn't question them. 

Eventually the two horses arrived back at the house, and Peggy slid to the ground, grabbing the bridles of each horse. "I'll stable 'em if y'all want." She offered, beginning to lead the horses away after Mush had helped you down and Blink had gotten off. 

"Here-- I'll help." Blink said quickly, taking one of the bridles from her and flashing her a grin. 

You noticed Peggy stand up a little bit straighter as she shrugged in a 'casual' manner, and you could tell she was freaking out. "If you'd like." 

"We'll go see if dinner needs helping with." Mush said. You assumed you were included in that 'we', so you followed him inside. The house was quiet, which struck you as slightly odd. 

"Hellooooo?" Mush called, walking into the kitchen to find it empty. 

"They's over at the Ballat's." Peggy said, materializing in front of the back door. "There was a note on the tack board. It's a whole party going on-- for Decoration Day." 

Mush thought for a second. "So we supposed to meet 'em there?" 

"Duh. Unless you wanna have only cold ham for dinner." Peggy rolled her eyes at her cousin jokingly. 

"Actually, cold ham sounds real good--" Blink's voice came from outside. 

"Too bad, we're going to your house."  Peggy said, beckoning for the two of you and disappearing outside again. 

You and Mush looked at each other, and his mouth quirked in a little grin. "After you?" 

You nodded a little, smiling as you followed Peggy. Blink was standing there with the horses, still bridled and ready. And a couple minutes later, the horses were cantering across the Meyer's property in a direction you hadn't yet been. 

The Ballat's house was a little bigger than the Meyer's, tucked in a grove of trees with flowers planted neatly in beds along the front. In other terms it was very similar to the other farm, except a little smaller. There were a number of wagons outside of a barn, and numerous horses grazed in a paddock on the side. 

"They'll be up in the main house." Mush said from behind you, his breath ghosting slightly along the back of your neck as he slid to the ground, leading the horse-- with you still on it-- into the paddock. Behind you Blink was doing the same, with Peggy on the horse. 

"Am I supposed to swoon off and you catch me?" Peggy asked, looking down at Blink. 

"I mean, if you want to." Blink said with a grin, holding out his arms slightly expectantly. 

Peggy turned beet red and slid off the horse on the opposite side. You giggled softly, accepting Mush's hand to steady yourself as you got off. 

Blink dropped his arms, a fleeting frown coming to his face that was gone the next second. "Right, let's go then. I'm hungry." He said, starting off for the house. 

You, Mush, and Peggy caught up to him, Peggy still pink and you still smirking softly to yourself. Mush, blissfully unaware, just walked.

A/N: Ayo we stan historical accuracy over here, that's why Decoration Day is featured in this chapted (nowadays it's called Memorial Day)