Chapter 1 - Failing

How we doing!? Mikey mentioned the series a few times, somehow stumbled on episode 4 of the series on YouTube before it was taken down, and now I'm up to date on the series. 

Yes, I have been asked. But I was wondering where I go off of just this. I didn't want to do a wimp, someone struggling too much, and as much as I am about a nothing to something type storyline, I have something good. Nagatoro finding a guy that's embarrassed and afterwards she is the one red in the face, flustered, and gets a sweet taste of her own medicine. But it doesn't taste like vinegar. It might be  more like boba tea.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was not good as (FN) Kuchi got a text from Coach Yaggi the baseball coach of the school. It meant bad news that he was in the office for a meeting. When someone schedules a meeting over a text rather than a call or last minute talk, it typically isn't a good sign. 

Coach Yaggi

Kuchi you get you keister in here at my office ASAP at that final bell. Is that clear?

He walked down the hallway at the last bell worried that something happened. He was dreading all of it. Could it be that him and a student got into an argument and they were separated in second class? Any chance that it was his grades? Maybe something happened on the team? Either way it was nerve-racking until he reached. 

The student and player knocked on the door frame as the door was open. "Coach?"

"Have a seat." Coach Yaggi pointed to the chair across from his desk.

(FN) sat down and leaned forward. "What can I do for you?"

"Get your shit together." He began bluntly.

"Sorry?" That was much more quick than he anticipated. Looks like Coach wanted this over as fast as possible. 

"You know you bombed your last test? I mean, you got a 58."

"EH!?" Cried (FN).

"Yeah. World History. Just found out. Your grade currently isn't passing. You're at a 66 average because of that test."

"Dammit..." He knew what that meant.

"So right now you can practice, but for next game you're not eligible. But, there is a way out of this. If you're open ears about it." That sounds generous. What does he have to lose?

"Alright. What's up?" 

"There is a test coming up and I need your homework done right and on time. That understood? I hope you don't miss two games. But until then you will study, work your tail off, and get back to it. If you don't then half the season is gone minimum. So get your ass grinding. You hear me?"

"Yes Coach. I got you. I'll head to the library and start tomorrow."

"Damn right you are." Coach crossed his arms. "I don't call in favors for nobody. And I know you're embarrassed. But that's not my fault. Everyone is responsible for their own performance. But hey, takes a little off of the arm. But still, don't mess this up. I pulled in a favor."

~~~~~

(FN) felt stupid as the last bell rang the next day. He waited for the big rush of students to leave before packing up his bag and heading for the library. A place where no one went for the most part. And if they did they would get a book checked out and take off. The tables empty as the quiet rule that was heavily enforced wasn't even needed. That's how much of an empty space it really was. Even in the bad weather.