Chapter 3 - Diner

What's hotter? The lady or the food?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

After some studying everyone continued along with the day by hitting a popular diner. Many students from various schools would come to that location. Popular kids or loners. So Kuchi leading the way got a table for five and sat on one of the ends. Sakura across from him and Hayese on his right. They ordered food and since the majority of studying was done with, they got to kick back a little. 

"You're not dieting right?" Asked Sakura to Kuchi. 

"No. Actually got to gain a little bit for muscle. A little mind you. Nothing crazy."

"It's important. As a swim team club helper I know." Said Nagatoro.

"That explains the tan. But yeah."

"What, you're looking at me like that Kuchi?" Smirked Nagatoro.

"You've been everywhere. Where am I supposed to look? 'Lot of girls in here. Where do you want me to look?" He waved off the subject.

"Well he is a guy Toro." Eased Sakura. "Also single. He's an athlete. He can find a girlfriend."

"With nice thighs." He added.

"Thighs for Paisen." "Thighs." Gamo-chan and Yoshi were all for it. They teased about it. But they know what nice thighs are about.

Nagatoro blushed. "So forward."

"I'm a ball player. I go in hard, read the signs often and well, and have good ways to follow through. It's how it is." He winked at her.

"Senpai. You're such a flirt." Giggled Sakura.

"You're a dog Senpai." Huffed Nagatoro.

"Dog!" "Dog. Hehe." Gamo-chan and Yoshi really liked that one.

"Hey, I'm not a bad guy. I'd defend the anyone of you if a guy came around who was bad. And I think I could make a girlfriend happy if she'd let me." During this time the waitress was bringing the food. Kuchi got up. "Let me wash my hands. I'll be right back." Off the the restroom he went. 

Hayase felt that he was a little intimidating. The girls looked at her face and felt that there was something amusing. Kuchi wasn't cocky at all. But his confidence was shown to all. Plus adding that he played the role of protector to the girls. It was a nice gesture as to other boys that would be interested. Who? Could be anyone really. All four of them had qualities.

During this time Sakura was happy. "Well the food's here. But tell me Toro. Senpai is a nice guy. He's cute too."

Nagatoro glared at her. "Excuse me."

"What? He totally is." Sakura cooed.

"I think he's a cocky horndog but that's me." Nagatoro defended.

"Not bad. Don't know enough." Nodded Gamo-chan.

During this time two boys from their class sat down at the two seats. Same school uniform and all. But considering Sakura was popular with the boys, not a shocker. They looked handsome and approachable which was nice. To give them credit.

"Hey Sakura-chan. Girls. How's everyone?" Asked the boy in Kuchi's seat.

"Soro-chan. Not bad. Having food with Senpai after studying. What are you two up to? Taking a break from music? Kicking back?" Sakura was too friendly for her own good.

"Naka and I were getting back from the arcade just walked in. Eat and then over to my place to study when no one is home. How's everyone?" To give him credit, Soro-chan came across as polite. But he still just sat himself at a table with his friend. It's a little much.

"Hey girls." Kuchi came back to his table. "What's up man. Kuchi. Hate to intrude man but you're kinda in my seat."

"Really? What's it to you? Don't you have somewhere to be buddy?" Asked Soro-chan. 

"Yeah. The seat your ass is in. And that's Senpai to you there first-year. I got a good twenty pounds you if that. You can pull up a chair if the girls say you can stay, but smarten up wise-ass." The girls were dumbfounded. Sure enough he backed up what he said just two minutes ago. His friend in shock thinking that they came at the wrong time. "So, what's it going to be?"

"My bad man. I was just saying hi. Naka and I have work to do." He got up and bowed to everyone and he walked off. 

His friend gasped and he followed suit. "Good evening." He said and then he turned to follow his friend. Not wanting to be left behind in this awkward scenario. 

"Well," Kuchi took his seat and took a bite of some nachos in front of him. "Sorry about that. We're they bothering you?"

"Not really." Insisted Sakura.

"I don't like them." Huffed Nagatoro.

"Guess everyone wins. Though did they really not see me get up? It's not like I was taking a phone call." Kuchi had it going on. He was killing it. Maybe it was no one saw him much outside of school. Maybe it was because all of the seasonal athletes were still at practice. Or in this case maybe those two were dense enough to have bullets recoil off of their forehead.

"Thanks for doing so Senpai. Even though it was kinda creepy." Teased Nagatoro.

"Maybe it's because guys find swimmer girls attractive?" Oh he went there. Once again it was a counterattack. 

"Hey, quit being pervy." She blushed.

"I said nothing wrong."

"Maybe that's why the guys mention you." Sakura pondered.

"You've tried setting me up before. The pickings haven't been great." She said sarcastically. 

"I think the four of you could if you really wanted to. It's just about the type right? As long as no one has a high standard, they can really be happy." 

Gamo-chan and Yoshi felt flattered. Sakura felt happy. Nagatoro however was having some mixed feelings. Though all of them put up a little bit of a front, they had good intentions. But did they all know what they wanted? That was highly debatable.

"So are you looking Paisen?" Asked Gamo-chan.

"Well," He thought about and sighed. "I never asked myself that. It's not a yes or no. It's more of a if it happens then it happens. If she's nice and it works why not? If she's mean and wants to give the cold shoulder then I'm okay."

"That's fair." Sakura smiled as she looked around the table.

"I haven't been looking per say, but again, I don't think I would reject something good happening."  

Nagatoro was keeping this in mind. Wouldn't reject something good. Why do I feel a disturbance. The girls are plotting something.

~~~~~

You're not alone Nagatoro. 

-Rel