Chapter 6:

JJ's POV:

I wake up to see Spence asleep underneath me. I think back to what had happened and remember I cried myself to sleep. I move a bit and see his arms wrapped around me tightly, as if he doesn't want me to go. I can't help but smile. He mumbles in his sleep, but I'm unable to make out what he had said. Instead, I lay my head down and snuggle closer to him. Not even 10 minutes go by and I see him begin to blink. I turn my head to look at him.

"Hey," I say smiling. "Sorry I fell asleep on you."

"I'd let you sleep with me anytime," he says, that is until his face goes red. "That came out terribly wrong," he says quickly.

"It's ok Spence, I know what you meant. You're awfully comfortable to lay on."

I put my arms around his neck, laying back down on his chest. I rise and fall when he breaths.

"I'm not making you uncomfortable am I?"

"No, I'm pretty comfortable," I can hear the smile in his voice.

I notice his arms are still wrapped around my back. I begin to wonder what he's thinking. About me. About what my life as become. For a profiler, I'm not very good at profiling Spence. I look up at him again as we stare into each other's eyes. Our lips just a mere 2 inches away. I wish he would give me some sort of sign. It would be the perfect moment to kiss him.

Spence's POV:

As I stare into JJ's deep eyes, I feel nothing but happiness. I think about whether or not I should kiss her. After all, our lips were only 2 inches and 3 centimeters away. I wanted so badly to move in closer, pulling my hands to her waist and kiss her for hours. Only instead, I was a coward. Maybe cuddling together was enough for one day, well and seeing her almost naked.. and taking her to an "almost" breakfast date. A lot had happened today so maybe wait. I break eye contact and see the clock, it was only 12pm.

"You were talking about shopping and tv shows right?" I ask.

"Yeaa..." she says slowly, "what about it?"

"Why don't we go shopping and watch the shows?"

"Really?!" she asks excited.

She sits up on my stomach with a grin. Probably thinking of what to buy. I pick her up while getting off the couch.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot to get up."

I laugh as we head to the car. When we reach the mall she takes my hand dragging me to Belk. She's pointing at all the clothes, but all I notice is her tiny hand in mine. I snap out of my day dreaming watching her pick out crop tops and new jean shorts.

"C'mon I gotta try these on," she says looking excited.

She's like a kid in the candy store. Not knowing what to do while she try's things on, I stand awkwardly outside.

"You might as well come in you know," she says slowly.

"Oh um, right."

As she changes I stare at the ground, only looking up when she wants an opinion on something. I might have been a bit biased though, considering I thought everything looked amazing. Then she headed to Hollister.

"See any cute sweat pants?" she asks.

"Yes how bout these over here?" I question, not really knowing what she thought was 'cute'.

"Those are perfect!"

After buying a few pairs of sweat pants we head out again. JJ comes across Victoria Secret and wavers for a minute.

"You don't mind it I.." she trails off.

"Oh no, definitely not, why would I," I say overselling it.

She walks in and looks back at me, seeming to ask if I'm coming.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure if I was meant to come," I cringe at what I had said.

"I just didn't want to be alone, but I get it if your uncomfortable," she says understandingly.

She walks up to some bottoms and I can't help but notice now see-through they are. I'm just glad they have pink lighting in here, otherwise it would be very obvious of how red I am.

JJ picks up the the bottoms and bra of the set as she heads over to look at another. This one is seemingly a thong with lace. I notice JJ look at me so I quickly look away.

"Hey there," I hear an employee say, " are you two looking for anything specific? Lingerie perhaps?" She says smirking.

JJ's eyes go wide,"oh we're not, we um," she says choking on her words.

I wasn't much better, as all I could do is cough.

"Oh, I didn't realize you too we're just friends," the employee says in a flustered tone.

"I'd just like to try these on," JJ says quietly.

"Of course, right this way."

I wait outside the dressing room as JJ tries on her sets. She walks out and pays for them. Afterwards we quickly walk out of the store. I rub my eyes, trying to get the imagined images of JJ out of my mind.

"That was, um fun," she says walking to towards my car.

I can't help but let out a nervous laugh, "I did have fun," I say with a smile.

The drive home JJ is goes through her bags looking at her purchases, everything except for the Victoria Secrets bag anyways. By the time we get home it's already 7pm. I hear JJ yawn.

"Tired?" I ask.

"Yea, a bit, I was gonna change if you don't mind."

"Oh, go ahead I was gonna get some water."

As I finish my water, I hear the door click, being opened. I see JJ walk out wearing an oversized T-shirt that goes to her knees. I had already taken off my shirt, and was waiting to put on new boxers. We both stare for a moment, still not used to seeing each other like this.

"I'll be back," I say heading to my room.

I look back to see JJ grabbing a glass of water as well. I quickly change knowing JJ would like to sleep.

"I was gonna go to sleep if you don't mind," I hear her say as I walk out.

"Me too," I say feeling drowsy.

She heads to the couch and begins to lay down.

"I thought you were going to bed?" I say puzzled.

"I don't want to take up your bed Spence, I'm fine right here," she says in a tired voice.

"I'm fine JJ, you can sleep in my bed".

"I'd rather you sleep in there, she says with a small smile.

"I'm not gonna sleep until you sleep in there," I say with a slight laugh.

"Same," she jokes.

"You've left me no choice," I giggle as I pick her up.

"Spence," she says between snorts, "put me down."

"I will.. in the bed."

"How about this," she gives me a serious look, "what if we both sleep in the bed?"

I feel my face go pale at her suggestion, although I didn't know if it actually meant anything.

"Are you sure?"

"Well unless you didn't want to," JJ says with slight disappointment him her voice.

"Oh, I'm extremely fine with it, I just want you to be comfortable."

We both lay in bed, I feel her inching closer. I decide to scoot closer to her. I feel her body become less tense as I hold her. I can't help but wonder how we got to this point.

Be honest did you think they were gonna kiss in this chapter? If so.. I did that on purpose. Hehe, sorry... but I'm not too sorry 😁😂.