Save Me

The elevator smelled strongly of coffee. Juna looked down at the box of caffeinated beverages she was carrying. Myung Hee stopped by a coffee shop to pick them up. Apparently she'd ordered them ahead of time as well. The younger woman remained in awe towards her godmother's devotion towards her workmates. She never saw her being so considerate towards so many people. Growing up, she and her family were the only people in their neighborhood to receive such love from her. The other families were so cold towards her. It left her dumbfounded as a child but as Juna got older she learned that Myung Hee was known for having marital problems and that her son was conceived out of wedlock. Her mom was her closest friend growing up and never judged her. For that they never saw a day without her godmother's bright smile and head strong spirit.

Seeing her like this made Juna glad for her. It must mean she's met good people and that she's happy here. I just wish you had told me you were still working at the same company when you got me the office job. You just said it was a place you used to work at, she sighed.

DING!

Juna flinched as the metal door suddenly groaned open. Her lungs felt void of oxygen despite taking many deep breaths. When they got to the door, the older woman turned to her.

"Ready?" She beamed. Juna pursed her lips hoping it could pass for a smile. In the end she couldn't say anything she didn't mean so she settled with a nod.

Myung Hee opened the door and went in first. As she followed, Juna could already hear people counting steps inside. The room was bigger than she thought it'd be. Every side of it was bright white, including the floor. Will it not stain from everyone's shoes? She wondered. To the right was the majority of the room where a handful stood going over choreography. Their focus was intense. Others seemed to be sitting, scrolling through their phones. Juna followed Myung Hee to the left of the room where there were tables and other people she assumed were the staff whom she acknowledged politely.

"Chorus!" Called out one of the dancers.

Juna instinctively looked to the voice but jumped when music suddenly blared from the speakers. The movement caused the box of coffee to tip forward. "Oh my!" Her heart did a free fall down to her stomach. Everything seemed to move in slow motion—a blip in time where her mind already began playing out the future. A brown, pungent puddle will be splattered all over the white floor and everyone's angry eyes will fall on her. Everyone will petition for another assistant before she'd even started the job!

This is bad! She shut her eyes, refusing to witness her own misfortune.

The box was finally out of her hands. But she waited for a crash, or a splash...something. But nothing happened.

"Uh..."

Juna peaked, seeing the beverages safe in front of her. "Aigoo, that was close!" She patted her heart.

"Should I put these on the table?" Asked the angel who saved her from humiliation.

She began to respond but her words were cut short when she finally got a good look at him. It was one of them. It had to be. Strangely, the part that caught her off guard was how handsome he was even without makeup. His looks were just as angelic as his voice. A thought of gratitude went towards Min Joo for making her wear those hydration masks since they moved in together. Juna realized she'd been staring without having given him an answer yet.

"Y-Yes. If you don't mind." She nodded, in case her voice was lost in the music. The blonde young man seemed to understand with no problem. He headed toward the table.

Instantly, she realized that the to-be assistant was the one being assisted. Juna clicked her tongue at herself. Not only had she made the impression of being clumsy but possibly being lazy as well. When he set the box down, she bowed,