For You

"Under what name?" The dry cleaner inquired politely.

"Ji Myung Hee." Juna clarified, while giving her the receipt.

The woman received it with a bow and looked it over. "Ah, I see. Please wait here."

"Ne." The younger woman agreed.

The dry cleaning lady disappeared around a corner behind the desk. Juna leisurely paced the width of the waiting area. Where the walls were a pastel blue with white trimmings. Tall green, potted plants stood in each corner of the room. A white sofa sat opposite of a water cooler. As pretty and well kept as this place was, it was small. And ordinary. Definitely not what she'd expect a famous K-Pop band to use. But she supposed that was the point.

"...similar to what we've seen happen in Gwangju." The TV's volume wasn't very loud but the sound of her home city caught her attention.

Juna turned to the monitor in the corner. It was the news.

"Busan, one of the cities known to have had a significant number of mob activity in the past is now seeing a recent rise in criminal activity. Public concerns have begun to arise. First Gwangju and now Busan. Some wonder if the rising statistics of the two cities are related."

Juna sighed. Her eyes, though fixed on the news report, grew more and more distant-lost somewhere in the past. Busan too?

It was three years ago that she dreaded this would happen. He warned her it would happen.

Crazy mutt...where are you in all this?

A sudden pinch stung behind her ear. She winced as her hand came up to sooth it. But the sensation was gone by then. Old memories rolled through her mind as her finger traced the lines of ink.

"Will you need help taking these out?"

Juna flinched but quickly recovered with a smile. She then saw the seven zipped outfits hanging on a wheeled clothing rod before wondering why her godmother hadn't requested them to be delivered. "My car's not far, I'll manage." The manager helped drape each item over her arms and Juna headed out.

By the time she loaded everything in Myung Hee's car, her arms felt numb. Those clothes were heavier than she thought. She plopped herself in the driver's seat and massaged her poor arms. After a minute she sought her next task on her phone. "Hm? Four missed texts?" It was an unknown number. She scrolled up to the oldest message first:

Annyeong, noona! Could you get dog food for Yeon Tan? And ice cream bars! Don't tell Jungkookie or the hyungs about it. You can drop everything off at my house. Eomeonim gave you the address right? >.<

She scrolled down.

Ah! I forgot to tell you who this is. It's me, Taehyung!

Under the message was a selfie of a familiar young man with puckered lips, a hand forming half a flower beside his cheek.

Bwing bwing!

Her face was a mixture of confused and amused. What an unusual guy. Even at their dance practice, he seemed unapologetic with unleashing his personality to someone he just met. Much to her surprise it actually made him easier to be around, although she wasn't sure why. If she had a little brother, this was how she'd imagine him to be.

Bing! Her phone chimed.

It was another message. Except it was from a different number. "Who could it be this time?" She clicked on the notification.

Shin Juna ssi, anyeonghaseyo. This is Jungkook. I didn't have time to buy Jimin a thank you gift. Can I count on you? I'll send you the details in a few minutes, okay?