4

Scar was having quite a good day, he'd been doing some mayoral work (or more to the point, had been finding ways to demand more diamonds off of people) and had done a small amount of terraforming.

When he arrived at his base, he checked in on his cats, the ones Grian had helped him breed two days ago, and found two that weren't his. Grian must've forgotten to take them, he thought.

He had nothing else to do and lived quite close to the blonde hermit, so, with a bit of scratching and biting, he got them both into a cat carrier and set off on his way to the mansion, launching a few rockets.

The large grey and turquoise building came into view quickly, and he landed by the main entrance.

"Grian!" He called, oblivious to the recent events. There was no answer, so he wandered in. Grian was probably somewhere else, so he needed a good place to leave the furry beauties.

He wandered around, and eventually decided it would be best to leave them in the large main room. He'd heard rumours of a diamond chandelier and needed to make sure it didn't compare to the diamond throne.

When he got to the impressive room, he saw someone sat down against a wall by the fireplace. He put the cat carrier down and approached.

"Mumbo?" He asked once he recognised the black suit. Mumbo looked up from his communicator and met eyes with Scar. "What in the world are you doing here?" He asked. "Also, have you seen Grian, I have some cats for him."

"Grian's gone." Mumbo said, his voice a lot less lively than usual. "I'm waiting for him. I know it's pointless though."

"What do you mean 'gone'?" It was a very strange encounter so far and the mayor wasn't sure he was enjoying it.

"I mean he's gone. Disappeared. Ran away. I don't know." Mumbo said. Both of their communicators buzzed and Mumbo immediately looked at his, hoping to see his friend speaking. It was just Bdubs telling Etho to sleep, again. Was it really already night time? He glanced out of the door and saw the sky turning pink, indicating the sun setting. He dropped the communicator again.

"He ran away? Why?" Scar asked, sensing Mumbo's loss of hope and sitting down next to him to try and be comforting.

"He saw a stupid rabbit named Sam and just... left. Turns out no one knows who's rabbit it was." Scar furrowed his eyebrows.

"We should look for him." He said, standing up and pulling out some rockets.

"I already have, he's no where." Mumbo said.

"He has to be somewhere." Scar said. Their communicators buzzed again. This time Scar also pulled his out to check.

Grian fell from a high place

Mumbo covered his mouth and a tear fell. Scar bent down next to him.

"Come on, we can find him. There's no point just sitting here." He said. Eventually, Mumbo nodded.

***

"Why didn't it work?!" Sam screamed, staring down at the communicator. Grian listened from his bedroom, before Sam stomped in. "Look!" He said, shoving the communicator to his face.

<BdubleO100> Etho sleep time!

Grian fell from a high place

<Etho> build time!

<Tango> rip Gri

Grian read the death message, unsure why it was significant. Sam had disappeared for a while and made some noise from the room next door (which he assumed was some sort of lab), then came into his room and dragged him up the ladder again and pushed him off the mountain again. He glanced up at the raging sociopath.

"I thought I'd coded it not to give death messages!" Sam explained.

"Oh," Grian said with as much sympathy as he could muster, then he questioned why Sam didn't want death messages showing, then regretted asking that question when he realised the answer. Sam huffed before leaving the room again.

Another while passed in silence, and after what could've been twenty minutes or two hours, he came back in and dragged him up the familiar ladder again. He was pushed off the cliff again. It hurt again. He appeared in the bed again, breathless again.

This time, though, when Sam came into the room, he looked considerably happier.

"It worked!" Sam said, smiling. Grian forced a smile back. Sam left as quickly as he'd entered. Grian's face dropped and he shuffled back to lay against the headboard of the bed.

There were no phrases he could repeat to make himself feel better. Sam clearly could get him now, and he was probably in for a series of much more painful deaths than falling off of a cliff. Why? He didn't know.

He hugged his arms around himself. He was so alone. He wanted his friends. He wanted Mumbo. He wanted Professor Beak. He wanted his elytra and his mansion and his hobbit hole. He couldn't have them though.

***

Scar sighed as Mumbo came into sight.

"No luck?" Mumbo asked. He shook his head. He really believed that they'd find Grian, but there weren't any signs of him. They'd split up to cover more ground and had now ended up in the shopping district.

"When he left, which direction did he go?" He asked. Mumbo pointed. "But there's nothing that way." He said.

"I know. I looked a little but he could've gone miles." Mumbo said, checking his communicator in case he's missed anything. There was nothing.

"We should go that way, we have more rockets than you probably did last time." He suggested. Mumbo nodded, not allowing himself to give up this time. They took to the skies.

***

"Put those on." Sam said, entering the room and throwing over a pink and white striped top and some light blue shorts. Grian stared at them, hesitating. Was he going to do the same thing he had to do when he stabbed Taurtis? "Now!" Sam yelled. He put a knife down on a cabinet, the one from high school.

He picked up the soft fabric clothes and did as he was told, despite the fact Sam was watching.

"Aw you look just like her." His tone was immediately softened and he sat next to Grian on the bed. "Now apologise for leaving me."

"Wha- but-"

"Do it." Grian regretted protesting at the threatening tone Sam took on.

"I'm sorry for leaving you." He said. Sam smiled.

"I didn't know what to do without you for a while." He said softly to 'Yuki'.

"Sorry." Grian said, trying to go along with it out of pure fear.

"It's okay now," Sam said, shuffling closer and putting an arm around 'her'. "You're here now." He said, smiling. "I love you, don't ever leave me again." Grian gulped as Sam leaned on him.
"Say you love me too, that's what Yuki would say."

"I'm not-" Sam glared at him, "I mean, I love you too."

Lmao this chapter was fucked up ngl.