pink clouds and daises (stevepop)

colab work done with bestie @PonyboysCumSock ayyyyyyyyyyyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEVE POV

"soda!" i called up the stairs and towards his bedroom, "c'mon buddy we gotta get going!"

"i'm coming, i'm coming chill out!" he called back.

he was gonna be the reason we're late for the second time this month. he takes so long with his hair- wait i can't say nothing about that.

my mind kept going all over the place. about sodapop, work, school, our date tonight.. shoot, our date tonight! i forgot about that.

just then, i heard foot steps thundering down the stairs, "okay steve i'm ready to go!"

"shoes," i pointed down at his feet and he nodded.

"right, i'll be right back." he walked back down the hall and grabbed a pair of shoes and slipped them on. he put on his hat and started out the door.

the car ride to the DX wasn't a long one and i was filled with a little bit of conversation. then i remebered our date tonight, "oh soda?"

"yeah?" he looked over at me with his beautiful brown eyes and gave me a slight smile. he put his hand in mine and waited for me to keep talking.

"i forgot about this until this morning, but we had a date planed and i didn't think of anything to do.."

"'s okay steve," he said with another smile, "i've got something planed. just meet me at my house say, around 6:30!" he squeezed my hand just slightly before lifting it up to his face and kissing the back of it. i smiled at him and nodded.

"sounds good to me sunshine," just then we pulled up to the DX and we both got out, going on with our day.

SODAPOP POV

the day went by incredibly slow. the only thing on my mind was the date for tonight. i'm sorta disappointed steve forgot, but he forgets literally everything.

"hey sodapop!" a group of girls came strutting up to the counter.

i held back the urge to roll my eyes and just gave a faint smile. "what's up?" they all started giggling. take my word for it, dating a guy is MUCH easier.

"so you doin' anythin' after work today?" one girl asked. she was smacking on her gum real hard and twirled her hair with her finger.

i smiled to them, knowing they wouldn't be too pleased with my answer. "yeah, hanin' out with good ol' steve over there." i threw my thumb over my shoulder, pointing towards the garage.

a girl near the back piped up, "how 'bout we join you guys? double date maybe?"

i sighed, trying to figure a way to say no. "it's sorta something personal, i don't want anyone else comin'."

they all nodded, clearly showing sorrow, trying to guilt trip me.

with that, the girls all walked out, not even buying anything. steve walked right in past them, rolling his eyes. "what was the excuse this time?" "something personal." i stated. he nodded and smiled, "our shift is almost over you know..." i smiled back it him, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"you have till 6:30 to get ready." "get ready?" i let out a low chuckle, "y'know sharpen up a bit." steve cocked an eyebrow, "we goin' somewhere fancy or somethin'?" i shook my head no. "just dress decent. not in you DX shirt is all i'm asking."