09

MARIAH

"I have a confession," I told Valentino as we sat in his car, twirling a few of my coils around my finger as I watch him start the car. "I'm ready to ride that motorcycle."

His face lights up and he turns toward me completely as he asks, "You're being a hundred percent serious?"

"Yes. I am, now don't talk about it so I don't get scared," I told him, fastening my seatbelt and willing him to drive off.

"You'll like it."

He must have been desperate about this or something because he practically sped like a maniac back to his building, even skipping a few red lights. I was starting to wonder how he had managed to get a license.

In his garage, we hoped out of the car and approached the motorcycle. I could tell that it was a very modern one, which eased my worries a bit since it probably wouldn't be that loud or dangerous.

"This is gonna ruin that gorgeous hair," he told me as he lifted a helmet, spinning it in his hands as he approached me. My cheeks flushed at the way his eyes locked with mine as he put the helmet over my head and closed the cover over my face.

He put one over his head as well and sat on the motorcycle, patting the seat behind him to tell me to sit. I hesitated, my heart pounding as I wondered if this was really a good idea. Did I really wanna die on the back of a motorcycle?

"You'll be okay, Ri. I won't go too fast," he said softly, lifting up his helmet a bit so that I could see his emerald eyes. "Come on."

I did as he said and sat on the back, immediately wrapping my arms tightly around he waist.

"Are you trying to kill me?" He joked, loosening my grip a bit. "Don't let go."

"I wouldn't dare."

He put the key in the ignition and the engine roared to life, making me jump in fright as he chuckled softly. He used his feet to back out of the garage and turn around.

We stayed in place for a bit as he let me adjust on the seat and then suddenly we were off, cruising up the street at a respectable forty-five miles per hour.

"You can go faster!" I yelled to him over the sound of the other cars and the busy streets around us.

"Atta girl."

He sped up, now going at least sixty-five and I was having the time of my life, laughing like a maniac from behind him. Surprisingly, my fear dissipated as I realized that he was quite the safe driver in comparison to his driving in those damn cars.

After a fifteen minute drive, he pulled into the parking lot of a park that allowed the perfect view of the bay that out city sat on. He stood from the motorcycle and pulled off his helmet, followed by mine with a bright smile on his face as he gaze landed on me. He even went as far as to fix my hair for me, my heart racing like crazy as he did so.

He grabbed my hand and helped me down before we began walking down one of the trails that traveled the entire park, our hands just barely touching.

"Tell me, Valentino," I started as we walked, my eyes looking down at our feet as we walked. "What's your favorite thing about yourself."

"Would it be conceited to say my intelligence?"

"No...because that's my favorite thing about myself," I told him with a chuckle, watching as he shook his head at me. "Your turn. Ask me a question?"

"Mariah Colton...what is your favorite song?"

"Ugh! That's an impossible question. Can I give you two?"