Chapter Five; Realization

A Week Later*

I had realized that night while packing that I was oblivious to the way I felt about Ciel. Of course, it was obvious...

I cried when I found out we wouldn't see each other anymore.

I was tempted to turn around and stay rather than go home.

I even struggled to write a simple "goodbye" letter to him.

"Oh." Was all I could say. Then I laughed at myself. Of course.

I realized too late, however, because now here I am, sitting across from my parents on a train to Germany.

"Elena, is something wrong?" My father looks at me with his usual stern expression; a hint of concern in his tone.

"Of course not, father." I wave him off. Just thinking about Ciel and everyone at the estate that I probably won't see again. What could I possibly do now? I'm on a train - a moving train. To a different country.
Ciel is a cold hearted individual, but would he seriously tear a family apart? Probably not.

It's too late, I have nowhere to go but Germany.

**
AN: Boy oh boy is this chapter short! Forgive me, but I felt like the last sentence was a good ending spot to transition lol
Also, I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. But I've returned for now and I'll try to pump out some chapters woohoo!