Chapter Three; Down The Drain

*Elena*

I stare out the window of my personal carriage, tightening my grip on my mother's letter as it moves. I left the Phantomhive Estate rather abruptly. I walked out without saying goodbye to anybody. Mey-Rin called my name, but my fit of rage made it impossible to stop moving. I heard the three servants whisper different farewells under their breaths.

Bye, Elena...

See ya, kid.

...Come back soon.

Mey-Rin's 'come back soon' made things worse. Hot tears streamed down my cheeks and I had to clench my fists to keep from turning around and saying forget my parents.

Ciel yelled at me as I walked to the carriage,

Elena, dammit, don't get yourself hurt and don't hurt your family....they're all you have.

He whispered the last part so quiet that I could barely hear it.

*Two Hours Later*

"Ah, darling, welcome home." My mother smiles delightfully at me as I shove the doors open.

I glare at her, "How dare you not tell me."

"...I didn't want to spoil your trip, darling."

"Mother! I would've made the last trip count by myself! You shouldn't keep things so important from me..."

My father walks in to the foyer and stand side by side with my mother, "What's going on here?" he looks at mother.

"Lord Phantomhive showed darling the letter."

"Ah... I see. Elena, your mother had a purpose for not telling you."

I raise my voice, "Oh really?"

"Your mother is... well... she has cancer."

My eyes widen.

"...We didn't want to tell Lord Phantomhive because we knew he would show you the letter... We wanted to tell you ourselves."

I stare at my mother, who is still looking at me with a small, delicate smile. I feel my body begin to tremble and I run into her arms. She gently wraps them around me.

"You should begin packing as soon as possible, darling. We're leaving in a week." Mother says. I nod and pull away from her.

"Elena, if you would also inform Lord Phantomhive of the whole situation that would be wonderful." Father looks at me.

Father always has a stern look on his face. He reminds me of Ciel. He's full of pride and extremely confident. He's also very cold and withdrawn from most of society... I want to show him what life really is.

Mother is the opposite. She's fun loving and carefree. She smiles and laughs all the time. She's sweet.

I consider my parents to be my idols. I want to be a workaholic like my father, but I want to be able to smile and have fun like my mother. Those things don't go together, but I'll make it work somehow.

"We have much to do, darlings, we need to get started right away. William, can you please finish contacting our trade partners and businesses we provide to? Darling, go write a letter to Lord Phantomhive about the situation and then begin deciding what clothing you want to keep." Mother orders us.

We stare at her for a second, and then I laugh, "Okay, mother, as you wish!"

Father smiles softly at her and then walks away.

Now... How do I start this letter?!