Chapter Four; Dear Phantomhive

*Elena*

I stare at the parchment sitting in front of me. All I have written is 'Dear Phantomhive'...

I start thinking about how our relationship has strengthened over the past few years. He's gone from being a cold hearted jerk all the time to being a cold hearted jerk occasionally.

I think about my feelings toward him. I don't particularly feel any romantic feelings. I think he's attractive, and has a nice personality, but I don't feel... that.

"Dear... Phantomhive... Ciel... Ugh!! I need some tea!"

*Two Hours Later*

"Okay... I have to get this letter sent out today."

Dear Phantomhive,

Hello, it's me, Elena. I'm writing today to, well, inform you of the situation... But before that, I want to say thank you for letting me stay at the estate when I was sent over there on business, and that even though we aren't that close... Thank you for being a good friend. Anyways, now that that is taken care of... My mother... She has been diagnosed with some sort of cancer. I haven't been informed of what type of cancer it is, but it's deadly (obviously). So, my parents have decided to take a long, well deserved break from the tea business. Well, that's all I have to tell you for now. Again, thank you for everything.

Sincerely, Elena Winchester

I fold the parchment and place it into an envelope.

"Miss? Is the letter prepared?" My personal butler knocks on my door. "Yes, Stephen." I say and hold the letter up to my mouth. "Okay, I will take that off your hands and get it sent over to the Phantomhive estate."

"Thank you, Stephen. Can you send my mother up to my room please?"

"Of course, miss." Stephen bows and exits the room.

I look down at my desk. "This is so unbelievable." I barely manage to choke out. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Darling? Are you alright?" My mother's voice startles me and I quickly wipe the tears off my face.

"Of course, mother." I reassure her with a smile and she sits down in front of me.

"This is strange, usually I'm on that side of the desk and you guys are telling me to do stuff..." I look at my mother, who hasn't averted her gaze since she entered the room.

"Darling... What's wrong?" She asks.

Funny... I'm wondering the same thing about myself right now... Why am I so torn up about leaving London and more importantly... Ciel?
It just doesn't make sense.

------
Sorry it took so long. I've been super busy...
Thanks for reading :3
I'll try to be quicker with the next chapter!