Chapter 1: Imprisonment

Annabeth stood over the little girl, working steadily to get her heart back pumping.

"How am I looking Silver?" She asked looking over to her best friend. Silver was staring at the monitor, making sure everything was okay.

"A minute give or take. You have to hurry Anna."

As she got her heart back pumping, she quickly stitched the girl up and took off her gear as the girl was rolled away. She had saved another patient. As the two walked into the break room, Annabeth took a breath.

"God I got lucky." She smiled as her eyes closed.

"You need some sleep. When's the last time you took a break?" Silver asked handing her some coffee.

Annabeth gratefully accepted and looked at the girl.

"I'll sleep when everyone is okay." She said before taking a large gulp of the black coffee.

"Well, guess you'll never sleep."

The two laughed and made small talk. After about thirty minutes, a nurse came in.

"Uh Dr. Charleston, Dr. Griffin is looking for the report on Katie Winslow."

"I have them right here." She went to her bag and grabbed the files. She handed them to the nurse and she left without another word.

"You get no appreciation on this floating ship." Silver said as she sat next to the girl. She wrapped her arm around her best friend.

"Hey as long as I got you, I'm good." She leaned her head on her and they sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes. However they were suddenly interrupted by another nurse.

"Dr. Charleston, Silver we need you in the ICU. Someone hit their head and isn't responding." She gave them a little smile.

The two looked at each other, quickly made their way to the room. On the table laid Morgan Blackwood. The two sighed and looked at the boy. Then the nurse who held a small laugh.

"Oh no what ever could be the problem?" She asked sarcastically.

"Seems he is unresponsive and his eyes are dilated." Silver said looking at the clipboard on his bed.

"Maybe a kiss from a beautiful girl will wake him-" Morgan immediately opened his eyes and smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

"I need your help."

"This isn't going to be good is it?"

"It never is with him." Annabeth closed the curtain giving them a little more privacy.

"I'm going to kill Liam Stanford."

"Liam Stanford? As in our supervisor and not to mention the Chief of Medical?" The two looked at him in disbelief.

"I know. Look you know what happened to my dad. You know what he did to my mom. I can't just sit around and do nothing. He deserves to die!" He raised his voice.

"Well don't announce it to the whole Ark genius." Silver said to him. He sighed and looked down.

"I just need you two as an alibi."

"Look Morgan-"

The curtain was suddenly opened by Dr. Griffin.

"Morgan this is your third time this month. You can't keep stealing my doctors while they're at work." She sighed.

"Sorry Mrs. Griffin. I'll get out of your hair." He got up and looked at the two. "Let's hang out after your shift."

"I cant. You know how my dad is." Annabeth sighed sadly.