TWO

Sun rays cascaded along my hair, making me groan out. A frown etched my features, angry at the sun for interrupting my slumber. My eyes traveled across the room, finding my roommate yet to come in. A sigh left my lips. He didn't come in last night, left to room unlocked for him.

He's avoiding me. But why? There's was nothing too rude said. If anything, he was being an asshole to me.

We don't have any classes today. According to my packet, my roommate is supposed to show me around campus. Since all of the 'newbies' are paired with the 'oldies' they are supposed to be giving me advice. Our studies are supposed to be really hard. And complex. The school is also huge on your social life.

Unlike me, Joey actually enjoys Jared. A bit too much if you asked me. The two already seemed to be hitting it off. Joey kept talking about how kind he is. Joey shared the tips Jared gave him since my roommate refused to.

Jared also said I was paired with one of the worst students here. No one really knows his background. Or why he was chosen. But he's ruthless. Already on his third strike. All were earned from violent fights. Each guy ended up in the hospital.

Apparently he has a massive breakdown once a year. It usually ends with someone getting hurt. Hospital hurt. Those words put a bit of anxiety in my spine. Being on his bad side wasn't a good idea.

Another thing Jared told Joey was that he does not let anyone call him by his real name. He strictly goes by Grey, his last name. In his freshmen year here, that is when he earned his first strike. Evidently he was having a bad day. His teacher refused to call him by his last name so he ended up stabbing him with a pencil. Ever since then everyone has respected his wishes to be called by his last name.

Things like this are not too u common amongst the school. According to Jared, most guys here suffer from some extreme mental illness due to their background. Which is why therapy is required at least once a week. Ma was excited about that aspect of the school. She thinks I'll finally be able to talk about Pa. Lorde knows it won't. But I didn't care to hurt the poor woman.

My thoughts came to pause as Grey stumbled into the room, hair in a mess, shirt undone, and hickeys placed on his neck. How the hell did he find a girl to sleep with at a all boys school- oh. He did not find a girl did he?

"The fuck are you looking at?" He spat, slamming himself onto his bed, not bothering to thank me for making it.

Anger flared it's way throughout my chest. I could feel the burn in my throat. Harsh words wanting to be spewed out. Make this entitled boy feel the bitterness I feel.

I clenched my fist into my hands, enough to cause blood to trickle down, small crescents now painted red on my hands. I smiled at the sight. Some may think it's gross. I think it's beautiful. The painting is enough to calm me down.

"Grey?"

"What?"

My kind tone dropped a bit, "You're supposed to be showing me around campus."

"And?"

"So I would appreciate it if you got your lazy ass up and showed me around." I seethed making blood trickle down my hand

Grey groaned, looking over at me. I shifted under his gaze. Intimidated by his almost black eyes that seemed swarmed with hurt and pain. They looked like mine when...never mind.

"Watch your tone, pretty boy."

"The hell did you just call me?"

"You heard." He hummed flipping himself over to where he was now facing the wall, ignoring me, "I'm not taking you on a tour. Don't waste your breath."