THIRTEEN

The following day filled me with paranoia. My head was constantly searching for Mario, trying to mentally prepare for whatever my first task may be, yet he never came.

Not wanting to take any chances I ran into my dorm room, deciding dinner was not necessary. That I wasn't hungry. Not if that put me at risk of being one of Mario's toys.

That is unacceptable.

My hollowed thoughts came to a pause at the sight of Grey sitting in his bed, almost as if he were waiting on me.

He looked just as hot as usual. Black sweatpants that clung his muscular legs. No shirt, showing off his God-like body. Hair spiraled out as usual, that always gave his tough guy look a bit of a soft touch.

"So why did I hear that you're Mario's new bitch?"

My body went rigged at his words. They dripped with possessiveness and anger.

After these long days of no contact from Grey just glares, he shows this possessiveness. It was truly like getting whiplash.

"What about it?" I challenged

Grey's usual frown deepened as he hovered over me, glaring, "Why are you messing with Mario when I told you not to?"

Why was I?

It was a valid question. I don't want to be mixed with Mario's harsh affairs. But I had to. To get justice for Jared and his friend that passed. Jared is just one of Mario's victims. Who knows who else he has hurt.

Or who's next? Grey? Joey? Ant? This has to stop, the people I care about cannot be at risk of getting hurt.

So I must play along. I must find a way to stop him. Even if that means I receive a harsh fate. My loved ones will never suffer under my hands.

Instead of giving Grey a long winded confession I returned his glare, taking a step to lay on my bed. All to which Grey grabbed my wrist stopping me.

His forceful grip caused my left wrist to howl in pain, but I did not show it. I simply tried to release his grip. Not that it really worked. He simply gripped tighter.

"You're hurting me."

Grey let go, his eyes growing soft, and frown fading softly, "I'm sorry pretty boy."

His soft words made my heart flutter, despite him being the cause for my pain. Apologies are foreign on the topic of the eldest boy. So I take what I can get.

"It's okay."

Instead of grabbing my wrist, he held my hand in a delicate matter. Almost as if it were to crumble under his touch at any moment.

His doe brown eyes stared through my mixed matched ones. Running shivers down my spine due to the passion they held.

"I need to know why you are doing this. Are you on drugs?"

"What?" I scoffed, "No."

"Then why do you need the money?"

"I don't." I grumbled releasing my hands from his

"Then tell me why, damn it."

I shook my head, glaring at the ground. He can't know my plan, he will stop me. I know it.

"Baby, tell me." His soft voice muttered as he cupped my cheek, rubbing it softly.

This affection is driving me mad. No, it's making me crumble. This tough act. He's seeing through it and pushing me to give him this answer.

"I-I just need to, okay?"

God I can't even talk. He makes me so weak. Is this what love does to you? It makes you so weak you can't carry out a simple lie.