[Memories III]

Third Person Pov

The sun is slowly rising. Sweat drops from her forehead as she whips them away. The trees are covered in snow and it was in the middle of the winter season.

The young Vouivre look up and relaxed from the sunrise view until the enjoyment got break by one voice.

"Saria!"

She looks back to find the voice reaching her and see her mentor waving his hand out for her.

Saria walked over to him embarrassed. She saw his eyes staring at her chest for a while. Not because of her breasts, but because of the necklace she is wearing.

"Please stop, I just love to wear it."

"I understand. Now come, breakfast is ready."

Saria catches the towel he threw over to her. Then, fell by the sudden jacket flying into her face.

"You will freeze by the weather. Get some warmth."

His voice changed into a husk for a moment as he blew into his hands, trying to get some heat.

"Thank you."

"If you are grateful, then stop training in the morning. It is too cold."

Do you hate cold that much?"

Saria asked while putting his jacket on. Quite oversized too, but it helps to keep her warmth for the moment.

"Old past."

He kicks the snow and walks over to the campfire with the cooked rabbit legs. Saria smiled to herself and run up to him. Feeling happy she has him in her life.

———

She slowly opened her eyes. She felt blood dripping in her face and see one of her colleague's throats is split up by one ice spear.

She knew where that ice spear came from and she started to run. Run after the person who did that. After the person, she holds a special place in her heart.

Her mentor.

Y/N.

"Y/N!"

She screams and ignored the pleading for help from her colleagues. She now only care about him. The last time she had her eyes opened, she saw the ice spreading and it was fast.

Too fast for Y/N normally to control.

"Y/N!"

The necklace around her neck swings from side to side as Saria keeps running around the destroyed Rhine Labs.

Then it hit her. Olivia and Ifrit. Both are also in the building and she was with Olivia when the ice hit.

"Oh no."

She ran back in hurry to find her friend. And to her relief, Saria finds Olivia unhurt and curled into the corner by ice. Protecting her.

"Olivia!"

With pure strength, Saria smashes through the ice and breaks it. She pulls her friend out and Olivia weakly opens her eyes.

"Saria?"

"Relax, Y/N protected you from harm."

"What about you?"

"I am trained in these kinds of situations. And I think Y/N only did the ice shield. The ice moved too fast."

"You mean?"

"Yes, the personality he tried to keep locked and I just broke it up."

Saria looks down in frustration. She never considered what could happen to Y/N. Olivia took notice and put her hand on her, calming Saria a bit down.

BOOM

Suddenly the wall blasted with ice spread around a lab-coated man and he lies still against the other wall. Both women run over to check on him, but they already saw the lifeless soul in his eyes.

"Did Y/N or the personality do that?"

Olivia put her hand over his eyes to close them. Even though he was the bad guy in the situation, he did not deserve to get executed like that.

"I do not know. I have never seen Y/N use his Arts to this extent."

"What? I thought you trained under him for over a decade. How can you not know?"

"We never fought anyone and if did, I never noticed."

Saria answered honestly and walk over to the hole in the wall. She garbs the nearest things to her and uses it as a shield.

BAM

She steps back by the force of ice impaling her shield. Olivia runs over in worry and helps Saria to regain her balance.

"Definitely not Y/N."

Saria comments and threw the shield away. Hitting something as it got thrown back. Then Saria gets choked by a cold hand.

Her widen eyes grew shocked as she sees the bread covered in frozen ice and feels the coldness and darkness taking over yet again.

"Y/N."

"No Y/N. Only Kōri."

Saria slowly closes her eyes as she hears Olivia starting to scream out for her and Kōri tightened his grip around her neck.