appearances

That morning, Thomas knocks on Newt's door. Newt opens it and looks at him.

"Okay, why do you keep doing this?" Newt asks. "You keep showing up. Keep knocking on my door. Appearing. Why?"

"Because we're friends." Thomas says. "Remember? We established that yesterday."

Newt smiles despite himself. "Alright, fine. You can come in."

Thomas smiles back and walks inside. Newt's mom walks into the room.

"Oh, um, hello," She says, stopping short when she sees Thomas. "Who are you?"

"I'm Thomas O'Brien," He says. "You're Newt's mom, I'm assuming?"

"Yes," She says. "You can call me Lexie."

He smiles at her. "Thanks for having me."

"I guess you're welcome." She says, smiling too. "Well, Newt, once your friend leaves, you and Lizzy are coming shopping with me."

Thomas smirks. Newt hits him. Lexie walks out of the room.

"Don't do that!" Newt hisses. 

"What?" Thomas asks innocently.

"Make that face!" Newt says. "Like we're more than friends!"

Thomas laughs. "Sorry,"

Newt rolls his eyes. "Why are we even friends?"

"We could be something else," Thomas says, winking.

"I will hit you." Newt says as he blushes slightly. 

Thomas looks at him, noticing his red cheeks. "Will you? Or do you want to be?"

"Would you shut up!?" Newt cries, trying his best not to make it seem like he does. Because he does, he really does.

Thomas laughs. "Okay, fine. I'll shut up. I'm sorry." Newt glares at him. "I said I'm sorry!"

"Yeah, yeah, okay..." Newt says. "I guess I believe you."

Later, the pair sit on Newt's couch. Thomas rests his arm on the back of the couch and his head in his hand.

"You really are very cute." He says. "I wasn't kidding." Newt rolls his eyes. Thomas chuckles. "Aren't you gonna get mad? Or have you finally realized I'm right?"

"Oh, I know I am." Newt says. "But you have to stop flirting with me."

"Why?" Thomas asks. "Are you straight?"

"No." Newt says. "But-"

"Then why?" Thomas asks, cutting him off.

"Because I can't tell if you're serious." Newt says. "And I need to know if you're serious."

"Do you want me to be serious?" Thomas asks, looking at him. 

Newt blushes. "I don't-no-yes-no-shut up!"

"You wanna find out?" Thomas says, ignoring the part where he tells him to shut up.

"Wh-what does that mean?" Newt asks, turning redder.

"Do you want to find out?" Thomas asks again, leaning closer, his breath hitting his face. 

"I-you-uh-" Newt stutters. "What does that mean?"

"I think you know what it means." Thomas says, his eyes flickering down to his lips.

Then, Lizzy runs in and Thomas moves back. He winks at him and Newt turns even redder.

"Newt!" Lizzy says. "Why is your face like that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Newt says.

Thomas just smirks. "Right, well, I have to go. I will see you two later."

He gives Lizzy a fist bump on the way out. Newt groans, leaning back against the couch.

"What is it?" Lizzy asks.

"Nothing." Newt says. "Nothing at all."

The next day, Newt walks over to Thomas's house. He puts his fist to the door but it flies open. Thomas looks at him and walks out, shutting the door behind him. 

"Hey," Thomas says. "What are you doing here?"

"I..." Newt looks at him. 

"About yesterday?" Thomas asks. 

Newt nods. "Yeah, uh, kind of."

Thomas looks at him. "What about it?"

Newt opens his mouth and then closes it again. "Nothing. I, uh, I'll just go." 

Newt makes to leave but Thomas grabs his wrist. "Wait." He says.

"What?" Newt says

"You just..." Thomas says. "You just don't get it."

"Don't get what?" Newt asks.

"How badly I want to kiss you." Thomas says. "And I know, we only met like a week or two ago but...I don't really know how to explain it."

Newt looks at him. Then, he puts a hand on his shoulder and kisses him. When he pulls away, Thomas looks at him.

"You..." He says. "Why?"

"Because," Newt says. "I really wanted to kiss you too."

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter. I just haven't had much non-evil inspiration. If you have any ideas, lemme know. Love you all, thanks for reading. <3.