what's wrong

The next morning, Newt wakes up, Thomas pressed against him. 

"Hey, Tommy," He says quietly. 

Thomas moves, opening his eyes. "Oh, hey, sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"No, it's fine." Newt says, kissing him softly. "Are you doing okay?"

"I'm okay." Thomas says.

"Tommy, what happened last night?" Newt asks. 

"Nothing," Thomas says. "Nothing happened."

"Then why did you come over?" Newt asks. "You seemed so upset."  Newt puts a hand on his chest. "I just want to make sure you're okay."

Thomas shifts. "I'm fine." He says softly. 

Newt kisses him gently. "Are you sure?"

"I'm alright, Newt, I promise." Thomas says. A tear falls down his face. "Fuck. No, I'm great. I gotta go home."

Thomas stands up and so does Newt. He makes to leave but Newt grabs his hand.

"Hey, what is wrong?" Newt asks. "You cannot deny there is something wrong with you."

Thomas takes a shaky breath. "It's nothing, I'm okay. Don't worry about me, okay?" 

"But I am." Newt whispers, putting a hand on his cheek. "Worried. About you."

Thomas leans forward slightly and kisses him. Newt kisses him back for a second and then pulls away.

"You can't just distract me by kissing me." Newt says quietly, though his eyes move to his lips. 

"I think I can." Thomas says. 

He kisses him again, moving his hands to his waist. Newt kisses him back, sliding his hands into his hair.

"Yeah," Newt says. "Maybe you can."

And he kisses him again.

Later, Newt walks into Thomas's bedroom.

"Hey, Tommy," He says. 

Thomas gets up and kisses him, putting his hands on his face. Newt leans against the wall. 

"Tommy, we have to talk about this sometime." Newt says. 

Thomas hooks two fingers through his belt loops. "Maybe some other time."

"Tommy..." Newt says, putting his hands on his shoulders. 

"I'm fine, Newt." Thomas says. 

He kisses him again. Newt sighs but kisses him back, wrapping his arms around his neck. Thomas pulls him closer. He kisses his neck. Newt bites his lip.

"Tommy, we seriously-" Newt starts but Thomas kisses him again. Newt puts a hand on his chest. "Alright, Tommy, you can't just do this. There's something wrong with you."

"Newt, I swear, I'm fine." Thomas says. "I just want to kiss you. Maybe more if you'll let me, but I'm fine."

"Mmm..." Newt says, playing with Thomas's shirt. "Are you sure? Sure you're fine?"

"Positive." Thomas says. "So. Can I kiss you?"

"Literally anytime." Newt says, pressing their lips together again.

That night, Newt and Thomas sit on Newt's couch, watching TV. Thomas has his arm around Newt's shoulder. Newt rests his head on his shoulder, moving closer. He holds his hand. He kisses his cheek. 

"I love you." Newt says.

"I love you too." Thomas says, pressing his lips to the top of his head. 

"It's almost fourth of July." Newt says. "Which means even more ice cream."

"You really love ice cream, don't you?" Thomas says. 

"Um, Tommy." Newt says. "It's the best food."

"Okay," Thomas says. He kisses him softly.

Newt climbs into his lap, kissing him harder. Thomas puts his hands on his hips and Newt puts his hands in his hair. 

After a few minutes, Newt pulls away.

"You are really good at that." Newt says faintly.

Thomas laughs slightly.  "So are you."

Later, they lay in the front yard, looking at the stars. Newt's head rests on Thomas's chest. 

"I wish I could live in the stars." Newt says. "I wish I could live on the moon. It just seems so...peaceful up there. There's no problems. It's all quiet. Dark. I wish I could live on Mars, maybe."

Thomas sighs softly. "That's really cute."

"There's just so many problems on Earth." Newt says. "Earth is stupid. Humans are stupid."

"Yeah..." Thomas says. "We really are."

Newt chuckles. "Not us. Just everyone else."

"Yeah..." Thomas says. He pulls him closer. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." Newt says and he kisses him. 

A/N: My cat is so sweet aaaaaaa. Anyway, thanks for reading. Love you guys. <3.