Karl Heisenberg

Karl Heisenberg was a tough guy.

Having been born in a Germany consumed by World War I, his temper was always a problem.

Fighting, cynicism and arrogance were some of the things that stood out in him from a young age, but there were also good things, such as intelligence, and his insight.

His parents, in a desperate attempt to keep their son from being dragged into the ranks of the already budding German army, decided to use their last card.

An old man whom Karl, to his chagrin, had to call grandfather.

The old man, like all Germans, to distant eyes was reluctant, hard and of very few words, but once you got to know him, he was something else. A real character, Karl would later say to himself.

But he would also say that going with him was the best thing his parents had ever done for him, and for that he would be eternally grateful. Likewise, he would never get to tell them, Karl was very much like his grandfather.

Grandfather Heisenberg lived on the outskirts of a Romanian village, a place extremely detached from reality, a world apart, where people were happy. They had no idea what was going on in the rest of Europe, Karl would question harshly as he grew up.

Owner of the Heisenberg Factory, a place few had the pleasure of visiting, the old man was highly regarded in the surrounding area for his great inventions with electricity and machinery.

Karl, like his grandfather, had an innate interest in such things, research and electricity, which intrigued him to no end. This became even more so when he finally moved into the factory with his grandfather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason was on his way home from a long day at work, sometimes the refinery was working at full capacity. By the time an explosion sounded nearby. A totally curious Jason decided to approach the site.

The Heisenberg Factory. Said the sign in front of him.

A strange place, with an even stranger owner, he had been told.

Unable to quell his innate curiosity, he entered the place, but as soon as he managed to take a step, he was knocked down by a young man. The latter, without even a word, threw a punch at him, which Jason managed to evade just barely. That, apparently, had given his attacker enough time to immobilize him, placing himself on top of him.

-"What the hell are you doing here?". Roared the character bravely.

-"Let me... On li-". Jason began to complain.

-"Karl, stop it! Leave the boy alone!". Someone shouted in the distance.

-"But Grandpa!". Complained the other young man.

An old man with a blackened face slowly approached the position where the two young men were struggling. And with a simple stroke of his cane, he separated them.

-"Now Karl, what have I taught you?". He spoke again, addressing the long-haired youth.

-"Not to scare off visitors!". Karl exclaimed, looking down at the floor.

-"Good". The old man said simply, turning his gaze to the other young man.

-"Now, what are you doing here, boy?".

-"S-sir. I'm sorry for just barging in, but I heard an explosion coming from here". Jason stammered.

The old man just smiled in anticipation.

-"Do you want to see boy?".

-"What? Old man, what are you doing?". Karl protested.

-"Silence!". The old man exclaimed in a commanding voice, silencing his grandson's protests immediately.