Alcina Dimitrescu

Alcina Dimitrescu always felt alone.

Owner of the castle now called Dimitrescu, Alcina was a direct descendant of Cesare, a family renowned throughout Romania.

She was intimately linked to Mother Miranda, since it was thanks to her that she had discovered not only her descent, but had also granted her her castle.

One day, a very weak Alcina appeared at the home of Mother Miranda, who, at that time, was already worshipped as a kind of goddess before the village.

-"Mother Miranda. Please". She begged, the pain was unbearable, her porphyria was already uncontainable.

-"What's wrong Alcina?". She asked with false ignorance.

This was her fault, she had infected the whole town, including the woman in front of her; but that, was something she had no reason to know.

-"I'm sick. I need your help". She asked again.

Lady Dimitrescu must have been feeling too ill to do something like that, and Mother Miranda knew right then and there, she had her hand on it.

-"Perhaps I have something".

Alcina's face lit up.

-"What? Please. Anything".

-"It's something that's still in the process of being experimented on, and you'd be one of the first people to try it".

Alcina hesitated only for a second, before nodding.

-"Yes, whatever it takes to cure me, Mother Miranda".

At first, and in part, it turned out to be a complete disaster, Mother Miranda had had to get her hands dirty to stop what she had done, and, as a result, part of her laboratory had been completely destroyed.

The idea of Lady Dimitrescu turning into some kind of giant dragon was clearly unthinkable.

But it wasn't all bad, because when Alcina was finally able to control her transformation, a lady appeared with a better appearance, somewhat whiter, of course, and a taller head, but undoubtedly stronger, improved.

Mother Miranda allowed herself to smile, she already felt her daughter so close.

Everything was so good, until the moment Lady Dimitrescu began to walk, for when she passed under an opening in the roof of her laboratory, the sun hit her squarely.

Alcina immediately roared like an animal that had been attacked, retracing her steps.

Mother Miranda, as she approached, noticed how the sun had burned a part of her body.

-"What?". Alcina exclaimed, looking at Mother Miranda for answers.

-"I said it was experimental". She replied bitterly, feeling her daughter once again pulling away from her.

-"Maybe, you should start wearing a hat". She recommended, just before leaving the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One afternoon, which she would have in her memory for the rest of her life, the young son of Mother Miranda appeared at the gates of her castle, dragging a cart of hay.

The servants called out to her, for the young man had asked for her, fervently, and that is why she now stood there, in front of the boy.

-"What is your business here?".

-"I am sorry, Lady Dimitrescu. But I did not know where else to go, your castle was the nearest place. Please". The boy begged, while holding in his arms a young blonde girl in very bad shape.