Chapter 1

(Y/N)'S POV:

*At the Grayson household*

"As you can see, the scene is absolute chaos as the Mauler twins..."

I sit down on the couch next to Mark to see what's going on.

"Looks like our Dads are saving the white House" Mark says and eats another spoonful of his cereal.

"Are they alone?" Debbie asks.

I look back behind me. "Nope, it looks like The Guardians are there too."

My Mom comes over and leans on the couch. 

"Who are they fighting?" She asks. Debbie looks over. "Ugh, Mauler Twins. Looks like we won't be getting breakfast together this morning. Bummer." My Mom walks over to Debbie. "Damn it, I was actually looking forward to our weekly Grayson-(L/N) breakfast." My mom sighed.

"It's the white house, Mom." I say and lean over to look at her. Mark jumps in.

"Yeah, It's kind of important." Mark backs me up.

"Oh, they rebuild that thing twice a year at this point." Mom says and roles her eyes.

Debbie pitches in. "If it's not Doc Seismic, it's the Lizard League, or someone else. I doubt the President still lives there."

Before me and Mark have a chance to say something, We hear a Whoosh before the sliding door opens.

"We're not too late! I'm gonna shower." Nolan zooms in. "I'm gonna head home real quick and shower too, I'll be right back." (F/N) goes to take off, before my mom catches him. "Not so fast!" She gives him a long kiss. Mark's parents do the same. We both gag. "Don't make us get a spray bottle." Mark says, earning a glare from the four of them. "Now, lets get you two out of your costumes, separately of course." My mom says and Debbie giggles. Me and Mark look at each other in disgust.

"Boundaries, people!" I say and cover my ears to be extra dramatic. Mark started to walk towards our parents, and I follow behind him. "Bathroom doors are closed for a reason, and parents should never, ever talk about sex in front of their kids!" I didn't understand the reason for the first part, but I nodded my head in agreement for the rest.

"You two should be overjoyed to see your parents passionately expressing their love for each other." Debbie said sternly as Nolan put an arm around her. 

"What Debbie said, some kids aren't lucky like you guys to have two loving parents." My mother pitched in and kissed my Dad again.

Me and Mark groan.

"Now stop griping you two. Get ready for school." Debbie scolded us. Debbie and Nolan are second parents to me, and vice versa with my parents and Mark. We have been inseparable since birth.

"Couldn't you at least wait until we leave the house... for college!" Mark yells as he walks up the stairs.

"Exactly what Mark said!" I yell as I follow him. We could hear our parents talking about where they want to go. It peaked our interest when Debbie talked about a little cafe in Berlin.

"Aw, man, you guys are going to Best Wurst?" Mark leans over the railing.

"I love that place!" I lean on Mark's shoulder. For some reason he jumps.

"You guys have school." My Dad gives us a smirk.

"(Y/N), You can go there on your own. And for you Mark, you can go when your powers kick in." I grimaced at his fathers comment.

"Salt on the wound, Dad."

"They've gotta be due any day now, son. Even the latest bloomers on Viltrum would get their powers before what would be their 18th birthday. You'll see."

We walk up to Mark's room. I sit on his bed and wait for him to get his stuff ready. He was clearly upset by his father's comment. He shuffles angrily with his bookbag.

"You'll get them soon, Mark. Don't lose hope." I give him a smile. His face softens and he smiles back at me. "I hope so. I want to be just like them, and you." I go over to him and give him a kiss on the cheek, which makes him bright red. "H-hey, what was that for?" He stampers over his words. I giggle and grab my book bag. "Lets go, we're gonna be late!" I leave Mark behind me, dumbfounded with a hand on his cheek.

"Bye."

"Have fun."

We say to our parents, clearly jealous.

"I'll just be walking, on the ground, with my feet." Mark looks down in disappointment. I try to lighten up the mood.

"What, want me to carry you or something?" I say as I give him a smirk. He lightly punches my arm. "Wow, not funny." He rolls his eyes with a small smile on his face.

We look up and see our Dads fly overhead.

Mark puts his fist in the air and jumps repeatedly, attempting to fly. I put my face in my hand in embarrassment as the mailman walks by.

"Morning, Uh, just, uh... just trying to break in these new shoes." I shake my head, my face still being covered. He lifts his shoes to show the mailman, slipping in the process. I sigh.I put my hand out and he takes it. "Really? break in your shoes?" I fold my arms at his stupid excuse. He just shrugs.

Once the mailman is out of sight, I put Mark's hand on my waist. "Uh (Y/N)? What are you doing?" He says and turns red again. I roll my eyes and blast off into the sky. I land behind the school where no one can see us. "Ready to go to the best place on Earth?" I say sarcastically. Mark groans. We walk in.