Chapter 2

*At the Grayson household*

THIRD PERSON POV:

As the door shuts and their kids leave, the two couples look back at eachother.

"How long do you think it will be until those two finally get together?" Said (M/N)

as she leaned her head on (F/N)'s shoulder. Debbie walks over to put Mark's dishes into the sink to wash them. "Whenever they finally realize their feelings, or when one of them confesses. knowing them it might take a while." Debbie rolled her eyes thinking about how oblivious those two are about each other. It was clear to all four of them that the pair have something going on inside about each other. Sometimes it's subtle things like checking each other out when they walk into a room or always helping each other out with little things. Other times it's when one gives the other a hug or a sign of affection and they turn bright red. Stupid teenager stuff.

(M/N) walks over to help her put the dishes into the dishwasher. "Well I think those two lovebirds would make a perfect couple." (F/N) says he smiles at the thought. "I agree, and plus, they would make pretty powerful kids." Nolan pitches in as he walks closer to the two women. "Pretty kids in general, (Y/N) is a beautiful young girl who I wouldn't be opposed to marrying my son. She's very sweet to everyone, especially him. You two raised an amazing kid."

(M/N) and (F/N) thank her for the comment. After they talked for a while about how Mark and (Y/N) would be like as a couple, they left the Grayson household to get ready for breakfast.

*At School*

(Y/N)'S POV:

"Mauler Twins attack the White House?  Nuts, right?" William looks down at his phone, reading about the most recent attack at the white house. Mark reaches in his locker for a book.

  "I saw." Mark says in an uninterested voice."I can't believe the Guardians of the Globe let them get that close to killing the President." This made Mark annoyed. "They didn't even get into the building, and Omni-Man and Mighty-Man were there, too." Mark said over his shoulder. "Yeah, don't forget about them." I say and roll my eyes. "You guys are such a Omni and Mighty-Maniac.  Way to root for the underdog.  Big fan of the Yankees, are you?  Sure, they're hot and all, and Omni-Man's mustache, And Mighty-Man's body-"

Mark groans and I give William a glare. I look for an opportunity to get out of this awkward situation. I see Amber across the hall, and practically run to her. "Hey Amber!" I say as I wave to her. She gives me a warm smile. "Hey (Y/N)! Are you almost done with your part of the project?" I rub my neck. "Well you see...uh...something came up last night. I promise I'll get it done by tomorrow!" I say with a nervous expression. "Okay, (L/N). You better get it done. You know how I am about that stuff." She gives me a stern look and I nervously bob my head up and down. "So anyways I-"

I'm suddenly cut off my a hand on my shoulder. "Hey (Y/N), Amber. I was wondering if one of you would grace me with your presence in the back seat of my car after school?" I look at Amber and we give disgusted looks. "Sorry Todd, but not today." I quickly brush his hand off of my shoulder, attempting to be as discrete as possible rejecting him to not start a scene. "Oh what a bummer, how about you Amber? I'll take (Y/N) there next time. Amber grabs my hand and drags me away, not saying anything in response. "Come on guys, quit playing games. I know you guys are crazy about me. Marcy told me." I made a quick mental note to probably never talk to Marcy again. Me and Amber walk closer to him. "We'll you are big and strong, aren't you." Amber says. He puts his arm up and flexes. "You know it." Amber points a finger in his face. "And you think thank makes it okay to harass me and (Y/N)? Come on, lets go." Amber signals me to follow her.

This clearly made Todd upset. "Hey, don't walk away from me." He grabs my arm and yanks it towards him. I crash into his chest. I quickly push away, knocking him over a bit, and run back Amber. "Don't fucking touch me." I say and fold my arms. I look over to Mark. The scene catches his attention. "What are you two, lesbian or something?" I scoff. "Oh god we wish! Would you leave us alone then?" I say as we turn around. When we try to leave, he grabs our book bags. "Let us go so we can go make out by the stairways or something." Amber says angrily, trying to get Todd off of our backs. I turn back at Mark. He looks pissed. 'Please don't do anything, I don't want you to get hurt.' I think to myself.

MARK'S POV:

I can't keep watching this. I'm not letting (Y/N) deal with this anymore, or Amber. I start walking to confront Todd. I'm stopped by Willam's hand on my shoulder. "Don't. Guy's twice your size."

"Maybe you can just sit back and watch this, I can't. I promised my parents and hers that I would always try to keep her safe."

"I can because I'm not Omni-Man, Or Mighty-Man, and neither are you." William tries to persuade me to back down, but I refuse. I proceed to walk closer to them.

"Let's see."

"*Ehmm*, I think (Y/N) and Amber have been pretty clear about how they feel, Todd." Todd walks closer to me. "Are you serious, Grayson?"

"Look-" Before I can finish my sentence, I get nailed in the face. He then throws a punch to my stomach, knocking me to the ground.

(Y/N)'S POV:

Oh no. Before he can hurt Mark even more, I quickly run towards Todd. I nail him in the head with a punch, and then kicked him in the baby-maker, causing him to collapse on the ground. I definitely wanted to do more, but that's the most I can to do keep my powers low-key.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I yell at him. He puts his hand between his legs and runs away. "What are you looking at?" He yells at the people watching.

I quickly run to Mark and help him up. I cuff my hands around his face to look at the damage. "Mark are you okay?" I say in a panicked voice. "Yup, I'm just peachy." He says jokingly, trying to muster up a smile. Amber walks over to us. "Thank you." That's all she says before she walks away. "Yup." Mark says after he groans. I turn back to Mark. "Thank you for always looking out for me." I say and give him a tight hug. He returns it and rests his head on my shoulder. "Okay lovebirds, I know this is a special moment between you two, but if we don't start walking, we're gonna be late to class." We both roll our eyes at William's comment and let go of each other. He then returns his hand on his stomach and groans.