Chapter 4

A/N sorry for the like week delay, the semester is almost over and school is kicking my ass :)

Now on to the story

(Y/N)'S POV:

"I finally got my powers!"

I stare at him wide-eyed, blinking a few times while processing what he just told me. After two brief seconds, I wrap my arms around him, tackling him into a hug. We both fall unto the couch, me laying on top of him. He returns the hug.

"That's amazing Mark! I'm so happy for you!" I say with a huge grin. "I knew you would be! I can't wait to fight with you, we're gonna b-"

My mom suddenly bursts in the door. We freeze as our jaws drop.

This looks really bad.

Really really bad.

A huge grin appeared on her face. She dropped all of the grocery bags on the floor and grabbed her phone out of her back pocket to take a picture.

"It's about time you guys finally hit it off, We've all been waiting for this to happen!"

I quickly jump off off him as soon as I'm able to process what just happened.

"Mom! It's uh- It's not what it looks like!"

Me and Mark both stand there blushing, purposely not making eye-contact. My mom giggles and rolls her eyes. "one day..." She mutters under her breath.

*At the Guardian's headquarters*

Darkwing sits at the computer, researching potential threats in the area. Before he can dive even deeper into his current project, Cecil suddenly teleports behind his chair.

"Did you do it?" Cecil asks, Darkwing knowing exactly what he means.

Darkwing slowly turns his chair, making eye-contact with the scarred man. He has been uneasy inviting a kid onto the team. Knowing that no matter how much he expressed how dangerous it is for someone so young and lacking experience to do what the guardians do, Cecil wasn't going to back down. He was known for recruiting young kids to fight villains and those who wished harm on the population, and he wasn't going to change his mind anytime soon.

"Yes." responded Darkwing. he wasn't a man of many words.

Cecil raised an eyebrow. "And?"

Darkwing sighed. "She agreed to join, as expected."

Cecil nodded his head, clearly satisfied. "Well done, Darkwing."

"Anything else?" Darkwing folds his arms. "That's all. Have a goodnight, I'll give you a call if I need you." Cecil teleports away. He needed to muster up as much young talent as possible, and to keep an eye on certain people....

*At Mark's house*

My mom walks in front of me and mark with a bottle of wine and a cheery look on her face. She excitedly hums as she sits down at the table.

Debbie inspects the bottle and smirks. "My absolute favorite, whats the catch?" Debbie looks up at my mom and cocks an eyebrow. My mom looks at me and Mark and smirks before looking back at her. "Oh nothing, just feels like a good day for some wine" Me and Mark both roll our eyes, the embarrassment from earlier coming back.

We all sit down at the table. "I....had a pretty interesting day"

Suddenly, two wooshes approach the table. "Sorry we're late. Honest to god, a dragon was attacking Hong Kong. We stopped it." My dad smirks and nods as he sits down. "Easy work."

"Ooh, a dragon. Nice. Mark was getting ready to tell us how interesting his day was."

Everyone turns to look at Mark. I grab his hand and squeeze it to give him reassurance.

"Guess who's finally getting his powers?" Mark nervously laughs. Nolan and my dad make eye contact, not even a hint of a smile.

"Are you sure?" Nolan says in a serious tone.

"Pretty sure, Threw a trash bag into space at work."

Suddenly, Nolan's expression changes, followed by my dad. "Oh, that's great, Son, just great! If you're up for it, I'll make some time tomorrow for training."

"This is so exciting!" Debbie says with a smile. "It's about time, Markie." My mom giggles and pats Mark's shoulder. Me and Mark fist bump, making an exploding noise as we wiggle our fingers away from each other.

"Bright and early tomorrow, Mark. Make sure you get a good night's sleep."

"Ha! for sure!"

*Later that night*

"You joined The Guardians of The Globe without talking to me about it first?!" My dad yells at me, clearly pissed.

"Yeah? what's the big deal?" I fold my arms, waiting for his explanation. He pinches the bridge of his nose. "You know how I feel about teams, (Y/N). It's best just to train and fight with me and Nolan." He walks to the couch, and motions me to sit down. I sigh as I slump into the cushions, clearly not happy with this conversation. "Listen (Y/N), you're not like any of these other self-proclaimed super-heros. You're half Viltrumite. Our blood is so pure, you're basically fully one." I groan as I put a pillow to my face.

"I know I know, we're the most powerful race blah blah blah. Why does it matter that I'm part of a team or not? I'll still be doing what we normally do, protecting Earth from the bad guys. My dad sighs and looks away, pondering about something. It seems as if he's hiding something...

He throws his hands in defeat. "Fine, do what you want, you're old enough to make your own decisions. But you know what I think." I walk up to him and give him a hug. "Thanks for trusting me and my decisions, dad. I love you. "I love you too, sweetheart." He gives me a kiss on the forhead before I head upstairs to my room. I grab my phone and text Mark.

To: Dummie 👺

"Are you awake?"

I silently pray that he is. Every time I'm upset, Mark is always there for me when I need him

Message from: Dummie 👺

"Kinda hard to sleep when the coolest thing that will ever happen in my life just happened to me"

I giggle at his response. I suddenly get an idea.

To: Dummie 👺

"How about me and you test out these new powers! Get ya warmed up for your dad."

Message from: Dummie 👺

"Sounds like a plan. Meet me in my room in 5? Probably five seconds in (Y/N) terms"

I smile at my phone as I get up and get ready.
I open my window and zoom to his house, landing right in front of his window. Mark opens it, letting me in as he rubs his eyes and yawns. I catch my eyes drifting down at his exposed upper body, before shaking my head and looking back up.

"Ready?" I say and smirk.