Chapter 3

(Y/N)'S POV:

The rest of school was pretty uneventful. The only thing that set apart today from normal days was everyone talking about the Todd incident. After the millions of questions about what happened from everyone I walked past, I was extremely ecstatic when the bell rang. As I was walking out the door to wait for Mark and William, someone I don't even know grabs my shoulder. "Hey (Y/N), I was wondering what happened-" I look down at my wrist as it starts beeping. "Sorry, I got to go!" I run off, not even bothering to look who it was. "Okay, uh...see you later then?" I hear a male voice from a distance. 'What do the Guardians need me for this time?' I think to myself as I take off to the sky once I'm out of sight.

Let me give some backstory...

A few years ago, when I was just starting to become a superhero, I ran into some...trouble so to speak. It was my first mission alone, and I was getting my ass BEAT. It was your typical group of super-baddies, in the sketchiest part of the city, very late at night. I overestimated my skills entirely. I was too stubborn to call my Dad or Nolan because I wanted to prove that I can do what they do. Stupid, I know.

These bad guys were out robbing every store nearby, and then destroying the building after they finished their business. I thought It would be an easy job, considering how it wasn't the most craziest thing I've faced.

"You shouldn't have come here, little girl!"

The biggest out of the three taunted me as he threw me into a brick wall, leaving a huge dent.

"Shitttt" I groan as I slowly get out of the wall. It feels like it's been 45 minutes of taking a beating.

"What? are we too much for you, little girl?" Says the snake-like creature thing with four arms with a sword for each hand.

There it is again. I absolutely hate being looked down on.

"Stop calling me that!"I swiftly get back on my feet and start attacking again. I dodge the third guy's laser-blasts by doing a few back-hand springs. The fighting spirit quickly went away as I realized how exhausted I was. I started to lose my vision as I collapse onto the ground.

"Let's have some fun with her before we leave." Says the big one.

The other two chuckle and start approaching me.

"No." I mutter under my breath as I'm about to pass out.

Suddenly, the three are quickly knocked to the ground. As I look back up, I see seven famous superheros walking/flying towards me.

The Guardians of the Globe.

"Are you alright?" Immortal says as he lifts me up, putting my arm around him to steady me. "I definitely could be better." I give a small smile, earning a chuckle from the team. Green ghost flies to my face, studying me. "Wait a minute, you're Mighty-Man's kid, right? I've seen you guys fight together a couple times." I nod my head. Before they ask me anymore questions about that, I quickly thank them. "Thank you guys for saving me, I would've been toast." I say as I look at all of them. "We're always happy to help!" Red Rush says as he appears next to me. Darkwing moves closer. "I can tell that you are very new to this, so listen up. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Don't be too stubborn to call for help either. You could've gotten killed today." I looked down, ashamed at what I've done.

"I can tell you are a very strong woman, and have potential to be a very powerful hero. With the proper training, I think you can reach your potential." War Woman gives me a smile, which I return. Darkwing looks at her in shock. "Do you mean-" War Woman cuts him off. "Yes I do, how would you like to train with The Guardians of the Globe?"

Of course I said yes, and that's where it all started. I was given a bracelet, that beeps and flashes red when I am needed. At first it was just normal training. Each of the members taught me their special skills of fighting, dodging, and the rest of the skills needed to fight. After a few months of that, when they felt like I was ready, I joined them on missions. Of course I was kind of known, being known as Mighty-Man's daughter and all. But what really got my name out there was fighting with the Guardians. Every once and a while they call on me to help with a mission.

Now to the present...

I fly to the Guardians of the Globe base. Everyone is already there waiting for me. "Took you long enough." Says Green Ghost, elbowing me. "Sorry! I was at school and I had to change and-" Darkwing cut me off. "Enough with the excuses, you're here now and that's what matters." I shut up and nod. "So why do you guys need me today? Is there another group of bad guys to beat up?" I say and pretend-punch the air. "That is not why we brought you here today." Martian man says, looking mad as usual. I can never tell if he's actually mad or not. "Soooo...Am I in trouble? I say with a confused face, cocking my eyebrow up. Aquarus bursts out laughing. "No (Y/N), stop asking questions and listen to what Darkwing has to say."

I turn my attention to Darkwing. "All of the members have agreed to this, and we have talked through this thoroughly. You are invited to become the newest member of The Guardians of the Globe. I stare at him, dumbfounded. I look around, and then point at myself. "Me?" I say with a shocked face. Darkwing rolls his eyes. "Yes you, who else?" He says with irritation lacing his voice. I grin widely. My smile then drops as I remember an important detail. "I need to ask my Dad first before I say anything." I smile sheepishly as I rub my neck. War Woman puts a hand on my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile. "We understand, just let us know when you can." I nod. Suddenly, my apple watch buzzes. A text from Mark.

Message from: Dummie👺

"I need to talk to you, NOW."

My stomach drops, thinking something is wrong. "I appreciate the offer! I would love to be apart of your team, I'll let you know my answer as soon as I can!" I say goodbye to the Guardians as I fly away to Mark. As I fly over our houses, I see Mark waving me down. I land and walk into my house. Me and Mark spend a lot of time at each other's houses. Being next-door neighbors makes it easy.

"You're gonna wanna sit down for this." He grabs my hand and leads me to the couch. As we sit down, he grabs both of my hands and looks into my eyes.

"I finally got my powers!"