Only For You

Bucky looks around confused for a moment. His surroundings aren't familiar and yet they are. Like it was pulled from a memory. A different time. A time that he was supposed to live through but it was taken away from him.

He notices the fireplace is lit, allowing warmth through the room. A warmth that he has missed since losing her.

There's a smell in the air... the sweet smell of cherry pie. Homemade. He follows it, leading him into the kitchen. There's the sound of humming, a tune he used to know. Bucky looks for whoever it is coming from. On the dinner table there are three courses prepared, a salad of mozzarella and tomato with basil leaves and dressings, coquilles St Jacques and beef wellington with gravy and roasted potatoes for mains.

He doesn't remember when the last time he had a nice meal like this was... if ever.

"My love!" A head pops out of a cupboard and Bucky's heart stops for a second. "You're home from work! Why didn't you call out?"

She keeps speaking but Bucky can't process what's happening.

"Long and hard day, huh?" she smiles at him even though he doesn't respond.

She puts down whatever she took out of the cupboard and walks toward him, giving him the opportunity to take her in.

She wears a square neckline dress with mini daisies printed all over and plain black heels that give her a little height. An apron wraps around her waist. Her [H/C] hair is in familiar pin curls with a gold barrette. A present he had gotten her while they were... he doesn't remember specifically.

She reaches him and wraps her arms around him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Bucky hugs back immediately, breaking out of his shock. He takes a deep breath and her smell drives him crazy.

She pulls back but Bucky catches her chin and gives her a deep, passionate kiss. He adds tongue to the mix and she giggles.

"Hello to you too, cowboy."

"Y/N," he finally utters her name now that he knows it's all real.

She smiles her charming smile and looks at him in adoration.

"Why don't you rest up, the pie is almost done. I made your favourite, of course."

"I can help out," he offers.

"Don't be silly. There's nothing to do but wait. I'm just going to tend to my garden. Want to come with?"

"Of course," he replies immediately. He isn't going to waste a second that could be spent with her.

He sits on the patio table and pours them both a glass of iced tea.

"How are the..." he tries to guess what kind of flowers they are.

"Forget-me-nots," she laughs at his attempts.

Huh, forget-me-nots. How ironic.

"They're well, loving the soil here. It's like magic," she smirks.

Bucky just smiles fondly at her as he watches.

"I was thinking maybe you could build us a bird bath? I heard a few blue jays around here..."

"Yeah, no problem. I can do that for ya, doll."

"You're the best, Bucky."

"Only for you."

She waters a few of her other flowers and her herb garden then an alarm rings.

"Pie's ready!" Y/N says. She removes her gardening gloves and holds out a hand to Bucky which he takes. With his other hand he picks up both empty glasses.