Not This Time

"You're not really Pietro, are you?" Y/N asks.

The grey haired man shrugs, pulling an unbothered face but giving not real answer.

"So, what you're just gonna keep us here?" Geraldine asks.

He still doesn't respond, choosing to speed to a couch and flip through a magazine instead. Geraldine looks through the window, thinking off a way to get out. Her eyes fall on the door then to the man too busy with the sports column and then to Y/N. She shakes her head, knowing it's pointless but Geraldine has to try. Inevitably she fails as Not-Pietro stops her, knocking her down.

"What is this?" Y/N asks, helping Geraldine up.

"It's my man-cave," he responds.

"It's a mess."

"Don't be judging me, missy." He blends a smoothie and picks out a movie. "You fans of Steven Segal?"

They both ignore him. "Geraldine... where did you go? The last time I saw you, you helped Wanda deliver Tommy and then you just disappeared," Y/N asks.

"Y/N..." she sighs. "My name isn't really Geraldine. It's Monica."

"W-what?"

"That was... It's hard to explain."

"Try. I don't understand what's going on anymore! Everything used to be so simple and suddenly it's like the world has turned upside down. Why is Wanda's brother who's not really her brother keeping us in Agnes' attic? Why were you snooping around Agnes' basement?!" she asks in a rush.

"Okay, okay, um..." Monica thinks. "What do you remember before Wanda and Vision moving in?"

"Everything," she says almost instantly.

"Tell me how you and Bucky met."

Y/N blinks. "It was... at a  ," she replies hesitantly. "I was at a low point in my life and... he made me feel again."

"What made you feel so low?"

"I... I don't know." Nothing comes to mind to answer that.

"Where did you have your honeymoon?"

"Odessa," she answers.

"And what did you do there?"

"Stop," she feels her eyes sting.

"Stop what, Y/N?"

"I... I can't answer these questions, why can't I answer them? I don't... the details they're fuzzy – they don't exist. Why don't they exist?" she asks desperately.

Monica holds onto both of Y/N's hands in an effort to calm her down.

"Listen to me, this is going to be very hard to accept okay?" Y/N nods and Monica sits them both down. "Westview, this Westview isn't... real. Wanda, and I'm not blaming her, has been controlling everything that happens. We're not sure how but we know that she is extremely powerful."

"Who is we?" Y/N asks quietly, trying to grasp the news that has been given to her.

"I am Captain Monica Rambeau. I work under the organisation S.W.O.R.D. that's the Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Division, we're an extra-governmental intelligence agency."

"Sentient Weapon..." Y/N repeats quietly. "Vision. No, no you're after Vision. I- I won't let you take him. He's not yours to take! He's my friend. He's Wanda's husband. He's not a weapon. He's not yours –" she tries to pull away from Monica's grip.

Monica doesn't let go. "Y/N. Y/N! You don't understand. I promise you, I do not want to hurt Wanda or take Vision, okay? But what I do want is for the people of Westview to be safe."