There's No Harm

Y/N wakes up and her eyes fall to the gorgeous man that she proudly calls her husband. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps and she's thankful for it. Ever since Dennis the mailman asked how his nightmares were she keeps mulling it over. Did Bucky have nightmares but didn't tell her? Why not? She brings her hand up to caress his face. It doesn't look like he's having a nightmare...

"You're staring," he suddenly says while his eyes are still closed.

She jumps, not expecting him to wake up. "You think it's creepy, I think it's romantic."

"Everything you do is romantic," he replies cheekily.

"That didn't make sense," she teases.

"Oh. Oh, really? Okay you know what doesn't make sense?" He goads.

"What?" Y/N giggles.

"How you could be awake so early after the night we had," he then rolls on top of her and kisses her neck with loads of tiny pecks, the last one lasting longer, feeling more passionate.

"We can't do this now, we have to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins!"

"For what?" he groans.

"It's Halloween, silly." She gently pushes Bucky off who rolls back into his pillow.

"The things I do for you."

She gets up from bed to have a shower.

"Can I join you?" he calls after her.

"No! Or else the good pumpkins will be gone!"

He huffs and gets up to make the bed. "Good pumpkins? Are there bad pumpkins? Evil pumpkins?" he mumbles.

Bucky decides to make himself a coffee and Y/N a cup of tea while still in his pyjamas. He takes a sip and stares out the window that looks into Y/N's garden. She had always said she wished she could take care of a plant, between undercover missions and training new recruits at the SHIELD Academy of Operations back when SHIELD was a thing she never could keep one alive for very long. Bucky wonders what she did in her spare time in the five years he was... away. Was she happy? Did she move on? Did she hates him for leaving her?

"Hey," Y/N pops out down in a... super spy costume.

"You look..." familiar. "Smokin," he flirts.

She laughs and does a 360 spin. "Of course I do." She puts up finger guns. "Pow pow," she points at him.

"Agh, someone call an ambulance!" Bucky says playing along. "But not for me!" he picks her up spinning her around.

She laughs at him. "Your costume is upstairs on the bed!"

"My costume?"

"Yeah! What, you thought you were going out in cargo pants and a flannel with some graphic tee?" She puts her hands on her hips. "I don't think so, soldier."

"What?" he looks up suddenly from his cup of coffee.

"Dang it, I ruined the surprise! Go! Get dressed! And thank you for the tea."

She kisses him on the cheek and he slowly makes his way upstairs. He almost drops his mug as he sees a perfect replica of his World War Two uniform. Is this Wanda's doing?

He gets dressed anyways to make Y/N happy. That's all that matters to him.

"Well aren't you quite the charmer."

Bucky gives his own 360 turn with a goofy smile on his face to match the one on Y/N's. "Alright, doll. Let's get going. Don't wanna get the evil pumpkins."