"A Heavy Price Paid" (7)

"What do you mean the Lakelands have fallen? What happened?" Koman asked. "Kodjo returned with his roar and destroyed everything, it's on fire." Kinjia answered. Everybody looked at each other. "Wait Kodjo, that's the lion that you were talking about right? The one that has been an enemy to the Lakelands for a while?" Kion asked. "Yes. That's him." Koman answered. "Wait, I thought you said that he didn't know how to use the roar very well." Rani asked.

"Wait, this Kodjo guy has the roar?" Bunga asked.  "Yes." Koman answered. "The roar of the elders?" Bunga asked again. "Yup." Koman answered. "The same roar that Kion has?" Bunga asked. "Yes, that's the roar I'm talking about. I have it too now." Koman said. "Wait you have that roar too? The one where the lions of the past roar with you?" Bunga asked. Koman was getting annoyed. "Just ignore him. That's Bunga. I'm Fuli, This is Beshte, Ono, Anga, Baliyo, Nirmala, and Surak." Fuli introduced. "Nice to meet you guys. Oh, my name is Koman, Prince of the Lakelands. This is Kiania, Kinjia, and Zakia." Koman answered.

"Wait! Is the king and queen fine? King Ashon and Queen Halina?" Rani asked. "They went to go take the surviving animals to safety. I have a feeling we won't be seeing them for a long time." Kiania explained. "We didn't know where you were. We were really worried." Kinjia answered. Koman was just staring at the ground, thinking. "Koman, is everything okay?"

"I guess it's all on me now. I need a moment guys. Please." Koman said and walked off. "Hey where are you going?" Bunga shouted. "Bunga let's just leave Koman alone for a little bit. Okay?" Kion suggested. Everyone walked off.

Nirmala finished healing Chuluun. "Here, try walking." she said. Chuluun stood up and walked around the inside of the tree. It didn't hurt her anymore. "Wow! Thank you so much!" Chuluun answered. "You're most welcome. Did you talk with Queen Rani yet?" Nirmala asked. "About what?" Chuluun asked. "Well, ever since you came here, you had many chances to kill us. But you didn't, you haven't spoken about your other friends. Also while I was healing you, we had nice conversations and you have been really kind. We were thinking of giving you a second chance. An actual chance to become friends." Nirmala explained. "Yeah! All my friends have left. It will feel nice to have friends again. And be on the right side." Chuluun said. "Great. We can have an announcement tomorrow explaining that you are an ally to us." Nirmala said.

It became night time, and Koman was standing on a hill with the Lakelands in view. The land was still on fire. Koman was staring at it. Suddenly, Kion, Rani, and Fuli walked up to him. "Hey, are you okay?" Rani asked. "I guess." Koman answered. Still staring into the fire in the distance. "My job was to protect the Lakelands, and I wasn't there when they needed me." Koman added. "Wait, you aren't thinking this is your fault are you?" Fuli asked. "It is though. It was my job but I wasn't there." Koman answered. "Think of it this way, you came here to help someone and it wasn't like you knew the attack would happen." Kion explained.

"I know. I just could've been there to stop it." Koman responded. They continued to look over at the burning lands which had finally faded and dimmed in light. "Alright, come on. You may join the rest of us tonight inside the Tree." Rani said.

Koman, Kion, Fuli, and Rani all walked into the Tree of Life room with everybody. Including Chuluun, who had finally become friends with everyone, all except Fuli who still didn't quite trust her. They all laid down to sleep, Kion joining Rani on the slab with Makini nearby.

They had all fallen asleep, Chuluun laying next to Koman. "Good night. And thank you for taking me here to be healed. I think I'll join you in the Lake Pride Guard. We'll figure this out together." She said with a smile. "Awesome. Good night Chuluun."