Oh No..

Cliff's Edge turned out to be the perfect place to hide from someone. It was quiet and unassuming- and cell service was terrible. The home was more modern on the inside than it had appeared. Light wood floors lined the entire interior, complimented by bright cabinetry and few pieces of pretentious artwork. Nearly the entire back side of the cottage had been replaced with a glass wall that revealed a gorgeous view of the water. Theresa had bought this place and fitted it to her taste, classy, simple and expensive. It was even more strongly warded than Y/N's flat and she could think of no safer destination to teach Wanda about her abilities.

Each woman claimed a bedroom and set to unpacking. After all the bags were rid of their books and supplies, Y/N moved to take stock of the kitchen. To her dismay, there was only old cereal, rice and pasta. A trip to the market would be necessary. It had been a long drive and both women needed their rest but Y/N needed a real meal more. Food was her first love, after all. (Don't tell Cygni)

So after just a few hours of rest Y/N woke before Wanda and made the trip to town without any fuss. By the time Wanda stepped out of her bedroom the next morning, Y/N was sitting at the kitchen counter sipping a warm mug of coffee and heating up scones. In front of her was a stack of books that looked well loved. Wanda could see the bindings and pages were withered and tinged even from where she stood across the room.

The smell of coffee and sweets brought a small smile to Wanda's lips. As she approached, Y/N looked up from her reading- "Good morning, sleep well?"

Wanda nodded noncommittally and chose a scone, pulling it apart slowly. She bit into the pastry and moaned at the taste. She hadn't had food this good since Westview. Life on the run doesn't get you home cooked meals or a table at Michelin star restaurants, okay?

Y/N's face went pink at the sound and she raised the book to hide behind it's pages.

Slim fingers appeared over the top edge of the book and Wanda gently pushed it down. Y/N arched their eyebrows-

"Yes?"

Wanda finished chewing and then cleared her throat, "Will you start teaching me today?"

Y/N nodded and put the book down.

"I've been trying to figure out where to start, what do you already know?"

"Not much, just a little about runes and how to control my power."

"I can give you reading material to learn runes better and we can practice when you're ready. Why did you come looking for a teacher, really?"

There was prolonged silence and then Wanda spoke.

"I lost control in Westview. And Agatha- she spoke about the Scarlet Witch. That's me, but I don't understand what she said. She said I was destined to destroy the world.."

Wanda picked at her scone mournfully.

"I don't want that."

Y/N rummaged through the tote bag and pulled out an old leather bound book.

"Let's start here. I can tell you the most important bits but you should still read this. Your abilities are fueled by your energy which is influenced by emotion. That could explain what happened in Westview. It's interesting though, you seem practiced already. I mean you're an Avenger, so clearly you've developed control over your abilities."

Wanda took the book from Y/N, flipping through it's pages but not reading. "So heightened emotions can throw me off? What am I supposed to do- just shut them off? I can't do that."

"Not shut them off- but learning to manage the flow of energy regardless of how you feel should give you the control you're looking for."

Y/N put downed the rest of her coffee and stood, "Let's go down to the water."