Danger Follows

Fifteen minutes and many apologies to the employees later, the four of them stepped out of the store, arms laden with groceries. Y/N and Wanda deposited the bags in the backseat before turning to the others.

Wanda stood with her arms crossed, slightly in front of Y/N.

"Okay, what's going on you two?"

The man- Jimmy looked at his partner to explain. Monica sighed in exasperation, "We came to warn you. S.W.O.R.D.'s closing in. You have maybe a few days until they find you. We've been following the investigation as closely as possible-"

She leaned against the car-

"Stayed a few steps ahead actually."

Jimmy spoke up then, "Yeah, Darcy's computer skills are insane. You can thank her for the warning, she-"

"What's going on with you?" Monica interjected, "You went off the grid for a while and then appear in London? Now here- why? And who's this?"

Wanda twisted at her rings and Y/N resisted the urge to still her hands.

"I went to find information, to learn to better control my abilities. A lot happened in Westview that you didn't see. I needed answers and to be somewhere I couldn't hurt anyone else."

Y/N glanced around, making sure they were still alone. All was quiet and Wanda continued.

"I came to London looking for other witches."

She looked at Y/N- "I found them."

Jimmy's eyebrows shot up in surprise and he shifted focus to Y/N.

"You have powers too? What color? Are they red too?"

Y/N tensed at the question but was saved from having to answer by the beep of Monica's phone. Monica grabbed Jimmy's arm.

"Sorry to cut this short but we've gotta go. Darcy can only hold off S.W.O.R.D's hackers for so long and we don't want them to know we're helping you."

She walked forward, hand extended. "Any friend of Wanda's is a friend of ours. It was nice to meet you, no matter how brief-?"

"Y/N"

"Y/N" she repeated and they shook hands.

Jimmy moved forward too and shook Y/N's hand. "Not all us S.W.O.R.D agents agree with Hayward's nonsense. Stay safe Y/N, Wanda."

Goodbyes behind them, Jimmy and Monica piled into their SUV and sped off back toward the city.

______________

"Well, that was probably the most exciting trip to the grocery store I've ever had. Even tops the one time Caroline found ranch, RANCH dressing Wanda." Y/N shook her head at the memory.

Wanda played with her rings nervously, not replying as Y/N drove them back to Cliff's Edge.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/N asked.

Wanda looked over at Y/N, worry written all over her face. "It's been so peaceful here.. But today was a reminder that S.W.O.R.D is still after me. After us." Wanda leaned her head against the window.

"Everywhere I go, danger follows."

The silence was loud as the car rolled to a halt outside the cottage. Y/N turned in her seat to face Wanda.

"Wanda, I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to teach you. The world is a dangerous place but what we're doing here is important. I'd rather die making a difference than the alternative."