Chapter 5: A Certain Feeling

He could tell that Hermione liked Ron and Ron liked Hermione. Why can't they do something about it?

"Harry, are you ever going to ask Tonks out? Once you told me she's funny and cute, besides when we played truth or dare you literally revealed you like her. So..." Hermione started for the 5th time of the day.

"Ever thought of taking Ron on a date?" he knew his friend would blush and retort "we are just friends" but he asked the question anyway.

The outcome was as he expected, Hermione's hair became even bushier than usual while her cheeks flushed red, "On please not this again! I already told you I won't do it in a million years." 

"Oh really?" Harry barely raised his eyebrows, "Don't forget to invite me to your wedding with Ron! Want any ideas on your children's names, feel free to ask me."

She closed the book she was reading and threw it into a nearby chair, "Ginny had a small chat with Tonks last night, she told me that a certain boy with emerald green eyes catches her attention. I'd start preparing to take her on a date if I am you."

Wait is it real? The funny and beautiful Nymphie actually noticed me?

"Tonks is unlike some other girls I've encountered(not talking about Ginny), they liked you because you are the boy who lived, however see you as the awkward and cute teenager. I'm curious about how this sparkling love will turn into."

"But Hermione, she is too good for me! If I go out with anyone Voldemort is most likely going to kill her to break me. I don't want her to be in danger!" Harry whisper-shouted.

"Don't you ever say that again! I don't see a problem because she's an Auror or policewoman in muggle terms, she can defend herself when needed.

Hmm she does have a point, other than what she mentioned, the other huge problem is their age gap. 7 years too much isn't it? 

"We aren't in the same generation! Tonks is in my parent's gen if I remembered correctly, wouldn't it be creepy and—"

"Who says you two aren't in the same generation? She was born in 1973, her mother is Sirius' older cousin which makes her the niece of your godfather!" Hermione went on, "She's your pink butterfly and if you call it creepy I guess I can't do anything to help you."

"Well I'm trying to sort out the unworkable things in our relationship, I'd gladly accept a date with her it's just this will never come true in my opinion." 

Hermione huffed before getting back to the book she was reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wish the world in better than what we have now, Hedwig, "he touched the owl's soft furs, "Do you think I still have a chance with Tonks after I fight Voldemort? If he kills me then that's the end. She is one of the only people to see past the boy who lived, the trait I admire the most from her. I remember the time she winked at me in the hallway(how can I forget that?), so beautiful and nice don't you agree?"

A nod was all he got. Hedwig's intelligence is usually overlooked by Harry's friends, only he himself pays attention to her owl's thoughts and mind. It had not been forgotten that she was his first-ever friend, who also came to be his pet.

"Talking to your owl eh?" carefree as always, she came closer to Harry and Hedwig, "your owl looks good with Pigwidgen."

"Are you suggesting..."

"Yeah I am. Now, how's my hair, handsome boy?"

"Umm..."

"Pink is not really my color, " she said to nobody, not expecting Harry to listen, "how about purple? No it's too easy to be found out. Blond? That's perfect, I'll have curly blond hair and blue eyes."

"What is it for?"

"Your hearing tomorrow, duh, " she answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You'll be at my hearing?"

"Under the invisibility cloak yes. I borrowed the spare one from another order member Sturgis Podmore. Just to be safe, I will morph my features in case something happens, for example if I fall and reveal myself because I am overly clumsy." a dazzling smile came to his view.

Something Harry couldn't understand about the witch beside him was her mysteriousness. He had too many questions for her, weird questions, and the feeling of her being different from the other girls he met.

Maybe it's all her smiles and winks, or the way she greeted "wotcher", other than that, he felt what he never did before. Yes, it must be it.

"Harryyyyy, daydreaming again?" the woman with pink hair shook him hard, almost too hard.

"Hey stop shaking me! I'm thinking about a beautiful girl with the most wonderful—" 

"Yes?"

He quickly stopped talking, did he go insane speaking those words in front of Nymphadora? 

"You're such a terrible flirt, "  she responded, her tone not changing at all which made Harry a bit suspicious, "For example, if I want to ask you to date I will say: Roses are red, Violets are blue, there aren't a single pair of eyes, greener than you."

"Umm violets are purple."

"They are?"

"Yeah, and the last part's grammar is wrong." Harry pointed out again.

Dora became frustrated, "Never mind the grammar, I'm trying to teach you how to flirt, so you better listen carefully or you won't get the girl you want!"

"And what if the girl I want is you?" Harry blurted out suddenly.

"Really?" her eyes were sparkled with love, "I'll fill out my part by giving you a kiss, on the cheeks or lips?"

"I—"

"I think on the cheeks is better, " she said seriously, and actually kissing him for a second.

"Woah can you—"

"Wait for the next time!" after an evil grin, the young woman left the room.

It left Harry wondering. Did she give me a chance to...? Hermione was right about us?  Nym-nym kissed me in the middle of a random conversation?

A/N: Longer chapter, I know. This is my very first book published on Wattpad. 500 words are not enough so it will be 1000-1100 from now on, my plan is to write 30 chapters in total and mark this as complete. It's also going to be the most frequently updated book in these two months. Liked the Honks edit?