Chapter 8: Drawing Nymphie

Tonks was different from the other girl he liked, Cho Chang. Maybe because he and Cho didn't spend much time together, while he was stuck with Nymphadora for a whole summer.

He noticed her the moment she came to Privet Drive to collect him. The most memorable trait was her hair, bright pink that Harry found cool. 

Both Ron and Hermione were fascinated by the funny and helpful Auror. They even showed happiness when he revealed his not-so-small crush on her. Just think about it, Harry Potter and Don't-call-me-Nymphadora Tonks...

The most wonderful thing was when the girl you love also had felt the same for you. 

Though that didn't make it easier. 

Tonks was the hardest to guess, Merlin knows what she was thinking. He couldn't go to her and ask her to be his girlfriend or anything similar because he would receive a rejection.

But,

Needless to say, Harry met the right person.

Right now, he was busy painting a portrait of the one and only Nymphie, not to say his works were good. Yeah, pink hair and light brown eyes. Wait that was wrong, Dora once said she preferred grey eyes. Even though they were friends for a long time, he still couldn't make the portrait of her perfectly. Blame it on his skills.

The art was finished after half an hour, he looked at it closely.

Very nice in his opinion. The artwork turned out way better than his expectations, especially the eye colour. He was proud of his art, but he did see some flaws in it and wrote them down on a piece of parchment.

1)Her hair is supposed to be bubblegum-pink, I made them purple. This color is fine too, not as good as the type of pink Tonks always put on.

2)She usually looks cheerful and funny, in my picture she is too strict and serious(not Sirius). I'd better change her eyebrows, hopefully, it will help.

3)Her age is not correct, I don't know what causes me to think this way.

Time for improvement! He took out another paper and started his second shot the portrait of Ms. Nymphie Tonks. Eye colour, cheerfulness, the right age. Harry repeated in his head, learning from his previous mistakes. 

That was a study tip, learn from your own mistakes, and you'll get better~

The pink colour came out of his brush, the exact shade of pink Nymphadora had. It was not surprising that Harry thought Tonks had the best hair, Ron and Hermione totally agreed with him.

He then focused on her eyebrows. There must be a way to make it less strict...Carefully, he succeeded, the second try was much cheerful-looking than the last one.

Lastly, the age. She was young so Harry shouldn't paint her like a 30-40 years old woman, doing it was wrong and disrespectful.

"Years later", his second art of Tonks was done.

Wow that was a lot better! 

Bubblegum pink hair? Check. 

Cheerful looks? Check. 

Age? Oops, he got it wrong, again. Strangers would probably think of her as someone over 50 years old, definitely not the outcome Harry wanted. This was why the portrait didn't look like Nymphadora Tonks. 

As he was about to try again, Ginny burst in. She grabbed the papers before he had a chance to hide them. "What are those?"

"Umm...nothing."

"Hey I know, you're painting a portrait of Tonks! Aww..."

"Ginny, give it back!" Harry almost snatched the papers away from her.

"Let me see it again, please." 

"Fine, only for a minute."

Ginny stared at it closely, "Harry, why does this portrait make me wonder if she's over 50 years old? Kinda weird in my opinion."

"Yeah, the age is wrong. Do you like it still?"

"Both of them are great honestly, you should show Tonks, I'm sure she's going to be happy," she replied.

"Which one is your favorite?" Harry asked with curiosity.

"The first one because it sticks closer to her actual age. Hmm, why did you draw her out of all the other people? Is she different from others?"

"Everyone is different!" he said, not allowing her to say anything about him and Tonks.

"Stop, I'm not—"

"You're implying..."

"Whatever, I came here because Tonks told me she likes you, don't be so oblivious and—"

"She actually said she likes me?"

"I could tell without her confiding me. I mean, look at how close you two are! Not the type you share with Hermione cuz she belongs with Ron."

"That was the only statement I agree with, Ron and Hermione," Harry said, laughing.

A/N: Both pictures are mine, I think the first one is better.