Chapter Five

Cegal's head hurt. The stupid pilots. . . THE PILOTS!!! Cegal stood up and realized he was still in the hold of the Gunship. Where was everybody? Cegal turned on his helmet lamp and the darkness was filled with a bright, white light. Cappy was against the back wall, Buir was stretched out on the floor, Ali has laying prostrate against Jeks' body and protected it. Tats was. . . Oh TATS!!!!! That stupid knife of his was in his side. The 8 inch knife was imbedded in his side. His helmet feed said everyone was still alive. Unconscious but alive. He tried to pry open the doors to the cockpit but couldn't.  "The osik really hit the fan this time. Someone better be getting their shebs out to look for us." He hit the door controls to open the back and side doors, but they were jammed too. He spliced the doors open and grabbed his chaingun. He exited just in time to see a giant cat thing pounce on the cockpit glass. He saw the pilots move and started spinning his baby up. "HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!!! Gotta nice hot meal for ya." The giant thing hissed at him, seeing him as an easier meal. "That's right, away from the flyboys ya big ugly mother. . . " Cegal opened fire peppered the creature. Well, not peppered. More like doused the creature in bright blue fire. The creature screamed and spat at the incoming pain. "Yeah, cry about it. And here's your bottle!" Cegal ran forward and shoved the gun in the creature's throat.  Hearing the gun spin up and watching the lasers blow the cats brains out made even him smile. Just to be sure, he unsheathed the vibro-sword he'd "confiscated" from the Commando Droid that injured him and stabbed it through the heart. "Night night, sleep tight." The Republic didn't approve of trophies, so he took the biggest tooth and hid it in his armour. Tats would like that. He checked the pilots and saw both were alive. Miraculous considering pilots seemed to never survive. He pulled them both out and put them in the hold for protection. He noticed one was named Cowboy, but he couldn't find the other's name. Cuir had stood up and was checking on Buir. As the combat medic, it was essential Buir was OK. They all had basic Med training, but Buir had past that. Tats wasn't awake yet but Ali was. "Stupid idiot. He was dead and Ali coulda died. Psycho." Ali and Cegal rarely got along. He updated Cuir on the situation. Buir got up and was checking on Tats when another yowl echoed down their canyon. "Another kitty comin' down for dinner, sir. Shall I lay out some food for it?" Cegal opened a blastproof case and pulled out anti-infantry landmines.

"Don't over-feed it, Cegal. Wouldn't want it to come back." Cuir flashed him a smile and checked on the pilots. He knew what they were in for.