Chapter 1- You Find Me Cute?

Plot: Just a random Peraltiago perp catching (set around Season 1; platonic Peraltiago) 

Amy was gaining on the perp and was about to tackle him when out of nowhere Jake showed up, rapping his baton sharply on the man's sternum, causing the person to fall, wheezing . 

"Dammit, Peralta. I almost got him." Amy snapped. Her fellow detective just gave her a cheeky grin. 

"Key word: almost." 

Amy glared at him as she cuffed the thief, then grinned. 

"Ass. You're lucky I find you cute." She chuckled as she stood up with the criminal. 

"What can I say? I'm the most adorable adult ever. Not to mention the coolest." He said, twirling his baton only to drop it. Amy laughed. 

"Also the clumsiest. Let's go; I want to wrap things up and go home. Also, I'm hungry. All this chasing got to me. How about you? Are you going to get dinner?" 

"Yep. Say, you want to have dinner with me? Just as friends."  

Despite herself Amy's heart skipped a beat. 

"Uh, sure!" She said, her voice suddenly squeaky. She cleared her throat and tried again. "I mean, sure. Your place or mine?" 

"You suck at cooking, so mine. Fair warning, though: it's not the cleanest of places." 

Amy waved a hand dismissively. "Eh, I'm sure I can handle it." 

Time Jump, Jake's Apartment 

Amy POV 

Amy could not handle it. Her colleague's place was every neat freak's nightmare. 

"How could you live like this? There's almost no space for movement!" She said in disbelief. Jake just shrugged. 

"It has worked out fine for me for several years now." 

Amy just shook her head and sat down on the couch. 

"Dinner's in fifteen minutes."

"The fact that what you're cooking only takes fifteen minutes does not reassure me." 

"It's better than your cooking." Jake shot back, and Amy raised her hands in surrender, smiling. 

"True. You got to give me points for trying, though." 

As promised, fifteen minutes later, Amy and Jake were having dinner. 

"I have to say, this is good." Amy said as she poured herself another glass of wine. By then her vision was going in and out of focus. She reached for another one, but Jake grabbed her hand gently. 

"No more wine for you, now." He said firmly. Amy pouted. 

"I'm thirsty. One more?" 

"Nope. Come on; I'll drive you home." Jake said as he guided Amy. 

"Aww, you're so adorable when you care." Amy cooed, and Jake huffed. 

"All right, let's get you home for real."