I'm Here, No One Will Harm You

Plot: Jake and Amy chanced upon each other in Shaw's.

CW/TW: Violence and Attempted Assault. 

Amy POV 

Amy just downed her first shot (she aimed for the milder liqueurs, since she was alone and wasn't carrying) when someone drawled, "Well, look who we have here." 

Amy closed her eyes and smiled. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked Jake, for it was indeed her partner and friend. 

"Same as you. Celebrating." 

Amy raised one eyebrow. "Who says I'm celebrating? I broke up with Teddy." 

"Oh, my God. I'm so sorry for assuming." Jake said, but Amy shook her head. 

"It's OK. It's more liberating than heartbreaking, actually." 

"Oh? How so?" 

"You really want to know?" 

"Well, if you want to share stuff about The Most Boring Man Ever, go ahead." 

Amy elbowed Jake playfully. "He's not that boring. At least not at first. But his obsession with pilsners… Ugh. Anyway, yeah. The break up was… easy." 

Time Rewind, Amy's Apartment 

"Teddy, we have to talk." Amy said as she stood before her boyfriend. 

"Sure, Ames." 

"Amy. Don't call me Ames. Not anymore."

Teddy knit his eyebrows. "Why?" 

Amy took a deep breath. "I think we should break up." 

"W-why?" 

Amy scratched her head. "I - I just don't feel it anymore. That love I might have felt for you once." 

"But we have so many things in common!" Teddy protested, tearing up. 

"That's just it. We have too many things in common. I'm not saying you're a humdrum person but it's just, I need something, someone, who's the opposite of who I am to complement my being." 

"Like whom? Peralta?" Teddy said. At that Amy choked. 

"Someone else, but definitely not Jake. He's too immature for me.

"Anyway, yeah. Not being cold hearted but, you need to leave. Now." 

Time Jump, Present 

"... And that's why I ended up here, drinking. Care to join me?" 

Jake hopped on the stool beside her and ordered a shot of Addington. Just then his phone rang. Quickly draining it, he checked his phone. 

"It's my mom. Gotta catch this."

Amy called for two Addington shots. Just then, two fat, greasy-looking men in their late forties sat beside her. 

"Hey, girl. Your place or ours?" 

Amy gritted her teeth. "Leave me alone." 

"Aw, c'mon. That ain't a nice thing to say." 

"Shoo." Amy snapped. Once the men were gone, she downed one of the shots she ordered. Immediately she felt woozy. What the hell? Two strong pairs of arms led her out of the bar, and she began struggling, but it was no use. She tried to call for help, but her mouth was covered. 

Mini Time Jump, Bar 

Jake POV 

Jake exited the restroom only to find that Amy left. Huh. Just then he spied something on the ground. Her shoulder bag. Just then the pieces fell into place and his eyes widened. He put the bag on the counter and without so much of a warning, made the bartender watch over it. 

"Guard. Five minutes. Return outside." Was all Jake said before taking off. When he burst through the back door, he saw two men dragging a barely struggling woman between them. It was Amy, her blouse already ripped. Jake saw red then. 

"Hey!" He yelled, then ran after one of them before tackling the one on the left. What happened next was a blur. Jake punched one on the throat, then kneed him on the groin. The other wrapped his arms around his neck, but Jake threw him down with a strength he didn't know he had before bringing his foot down as hard as he could on the creeper's face. Jake went to deal with the remaining man and straddled him before letting himself at him, landing blow after blow on every body part he could. 

"Jake… Jake, stop…" 

He did, standing up and rushing towards Amy, who was lying down on the ground curled up and shivering. Jake removed his jacket and draped it over Amy's body. Just then the bartender appeared with Amy's bag. 

"Here- Damn, what happened?" He asked, but Jake shook his head warningly. After giving Amy a few minutes to recover, he helped her get up. Fortunately Jake was commuting and Amy brought her car, so Jake drove her home. 

"Well, here you are." Jake said as he led Amy to her apartment. He made to leave, but Amy grabbed his arm and turned him around. Jake was further surprised when Amy hugged him. 

"Stay. Don't wanna be alone tonight..." She murmured as she buried her face on Jake's chest. 

"Shh, shh. I understand. Just get ready for bed. I'll follow." Jake whispered. A few minutes later they were lying under the sheets. 

"Jake?" Amy said sleepily, breaking the silence. 

"Yeah, Ames?" Jake asked. 

"Hug me." 

Jake wrapped an arm around Amy, and she moved closer. 

"I'm scared…"  She mumbled.

"Don't worry. As long as I'm here, no one will harm you. Ever."