Bonus Chapter: Melody & Ryan's First Date

"Lilo! Help me find a dress!"

I heard rummaging around before she said anything.

"Uh, you want me to help you find a dress? That's hardly my taste. You'd have better luck asking Peter or Ned."

I groaned, turning around to look at her. "Lilo, sweety, don't put yourself down like that. You wear dresses sometimes, so you can't say otherwise." I walked over to Lilo, who stood in the doorway of my room. I took her hands in mine and pouted my lip. "Please? For me?"

Lilo's such a sweet girl and doesn't even realize it. Yeah, she can be sarcastic and a tad dramatic. But she has a lot of potential, and she's full of love.

She frowned, looking over at my closet with a dramatic sigh. "Why must you give me the 'Puss in Boots' look? You know I can't say no to that."

I grinned brightly. "Exactly."

She let go of my hands and put them on her head, exasperated. "Okay! Okay, fine! But Peter has to help too. He has way better taste than me."

"I'm not complaining," I said as I ruffled her hair messily. Well, I didn't do much; it was already messy. She and Pete better not be doing something in there that requires adult supervision.

"Pete! Help me pick Mel out a dress for her daattee!" she yelled sing-songily. I rolled my eyes at her and swatted her gently on the shoulder. Teenagers, I swear.

We heard shuffling down the hall until we heard him enter the room. Immediately, I saw their heart eyes at each other. Oh, to be young and in love again. But, their love is like nothing I have ever seen before. It's definitely unique, and when they're separated, you can tell they need each other. Then again, they've been attached to the hip since they were born, so I really can't say much.

And yes, I am going on a date....with Ryan. Lilo has pestered me teasingly about it since we went out with him together. I'm glad Lilo and Ryan were able to get along by the end of the day; they sure do have a good relationship. It's like her having her father around. Lord knows she needed that; I know she missed him. Hell, I missed him. He was the best brother a sister could ever ask for.