20. Death Star

Saturday, October 28, 2017.

"I have to go after him," Peter said as he paced across my room.

I sat on the end of my bed and watched as he marched back and forth across the cream-carpeted floor.

After Dr. Tanner left, Peter dragged me into my room. Melody didn't question it, but I knew she was curious to see what was going on.

"That is a terrible idea, Pete."

He stopped and looked over at me.

"Is that a bad idea? He knows something, Lil's. What if he wants to hurt us?"

I shrugged. "I don't think he wants to hurt us."

Peter sighed.

"I don't know..."

I gestured over for Peter to sit next to me, which he obliged.

"Let's not jump to conclusions right now, okay? We can give it a couple of days and see if he does anything."

He slumped forward, hanging his head low. "I don't want you or Melody to get hurt, though."

"And we're aren't going to, Pete." I giggled. " I don't know if you noticed, but I can shoot bolts of energy out of my hands. I think if something were to happen, I could protect Melody and me from danger."

"But we don't know how well your powers work." He sighed. "It might be too much and possibly kill you."

"You don't know that," I shrugged and placed my hand on Peter's back. "It will be okay. If your suspicion continues, we can go and investigate further."

"Okay, fine. But I really hope you're right about this."

"I'm positive, Pete."

He furrowed his eyebrows in thought as looked down at the carpet.

"It's kinda bizarre how I have powers, and now you have them too. You were the last person I wanted to drag into this kind of mess."

I breathily chuckled and picked at a string on my blanket. "I think it's cool. I've never even been in a world full of heroes and villains. It's nothing like my other world."

He looked at me inquisitively. "So, superheroes don't exist there?"

"Nope. Only in comic books or movies."

"Wow." He sighed out. "That's so weird to think about. It must be dangerous over there."

"Actually, it isn't that bad. Besides your usual crime, there aren't any evil villains. Or superheroes for that matter."

"What kind of comics are over there? Any interesting ones?"

"Well, there's a hero that dresses like a bat. There's two villains that dress likes clowns. One of the villains was raised by penguins. But we don't talk about that."

His eyes lit up in confusion.

"What kind of universe is that?" He asked as he chuckled.

"I have no clue, but I was never a big fan in the first place."

"Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be either. I bet I could kick their asses," he bragged cooly.

I let out a breath through my nose.

"I'm sure you could."

He layed down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. He let out a breathy giggle.

"What's so funny?" I asked with amusement.

"You're so chill about all of this. For your whole life, you've never even been around a hero, nor do they exist. And you're transported here, and you're introduced to tons of them. If I were you, I would be freaking out."