Ghost of You (Nat X Reader)

Here I am waking up
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup
The lipstick stain fades with time.

Y/N's POV:

[Start Recording ▶️]

"It has been 552 hours since she left me. Well, 23 days to be exact. The love of my life, that is. She was in a "deadly car accident." Announced "dead" as soon as the car hit the tree. Now, you must be wondering: how did this all happen? Let me tell you this, no one knows. Crazy, right? No witnesses, no leads, and no one knows how her car hit the tree. It definitely wasn't the weather, so what was it? Since the accident, nothing has brought me joy. I spend my days mourning over someone I've lost, but have yet to forget. This past week my anger has gotten the best of me. Just today, I threatened the Chief of the Police to get answers or else I would. Natasha meant everything to me. She was the light of my life. I never thought I'd lose her. At least, not like this.  I doubt I'll ever actually process the fact that she's gone. Someone beautiful and talented. If only there was a way-"

*thump*

A loud thump came from the attic. I quickly grabbed my camera and started making my way to the attic.

"Now this is exciting. Talking about my deceased lover and now investigating what the thump in my attic is. Nice."

I make my way up the ladder and my eyes focus on a book? Or is it a diary?
I picked it up and see "Natasha's Diary" written on the front cover.

"How did this fall from that tall a*s bookshelf? I thought- You know what, I don't f*ck with demons. Why does this have to happen to me? I did nothing to deserve this. Guess I gotta leave."

I sighed then grabbed the diary and made my way back to my room.
First, I'm making a video to cope with the loss of my lover now I'm left with her diary and my overthinking.
Love that for me.
But wait, this isn't a diary. It's a bunch of letters from Natasha for ... me?
However, a particular one caught my eye.

For: My Love
From: Yours Truly
Open this when I'm gone.

"Oh, f*ck me." I thought to myself.

Nat's POV:

"Dear Y/N/N,
I'm afraid my time has come.
I really hope you aren't mourning.
There's no need to.
This was supposed to happen.
You may think I passed away in a car accident.
At least, that's what I wanted you to believe.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer not long before I passed on. I had a few days left when I found out. There wasn't much I could do to save my life so I decided to cherish my last moments with you. We may not have accomplished much, but it meant the world to me.
Please forgive me for causing you pain.
I never wanted to hurt you.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making me the happiest girl alive.
I'll forever be by your side, my love.
I love you."

Yours truly,
Nat

I just sat there. Dumbfounded. Without a clue of what to do next. Nat had breast cancer.
She lost the battle.

"Little did you know, Natasha Romanoff.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 24 days ago."

———————————————————————

Author's Notes:
Hello!
This is my first one-shot and I hope you enjoyed reading! I apologize it's depressing. I got carried away haha. Feel free to tell me what you thought in the comments. Also please send requests for one-shots through a private message or in the comments. I'll leave my socials below for y'all to contact me outside of Wattpad.
Thanks for reading!
❤️

instagram: @/a.ngxline
twitter: @/S4NNIES
tumblr: @/jaurnals