Meet Me At Our Spot // (Yelena x Reader)

When I wake up
I can't even stay up
I slept through the day
I'm not getting younger
But when I'm older
I'll be so much stronger
Meet me at our spot

Standing in the middle of the flower garden about a mile from the Avengers Compound, you couldn't help but feel empty. You've been here several times whenever you needed to get some time alone. Being an Avenger is no joke, which isn't shocking but you thought there would be more partying involved. The team takes their job very seriously and you can't help but feel out of place. You're the new recruit after all. Nat mentioned that you won't be the newbie for long since she's introducing us to her sister. You've only heard of how ruthless she is so you're nervous to meet her. Hopefully she isn't too skilled or else you'd feel even more out of place.

*Incoming message from [Natalie Rushman]: "Yelena's coming soon. Try not to bump into each other before the meeting or I swear I'll punch you in the neck. I'm currently in the meeting room with Steve and Tony. Can't wait to introduce you. :)"

You reply with a simple, "Is that a threat or a promise, Rushman? ;)"

You chuckle then start making your way to the meeting room when you hear a grunt coming from behind you. You slowly turn to face in the direction of the person when you realize the most beautiful woman you've ever seen was standing right before you.

As you slowly approach her, you realize she has dry tears on her face. You don't do well with comforting others, but you were willing to try for her.

"Hi, do you mind if I sit with you? I'm avoiding a Russian spy who just threatened to punch me in the neck if I run into her sister before we are properly introduced" you say while rubbing the back of your neck.

She giggled.

"Oh god, let me guess. You're avoiding my sister Natasha, aren't you? She's always like this" she replies.

"Ha got me there. I'm Y/N and I'm not the newbie here anymore sooo welcome newbie!" You exclaim.

"We just met and you're already annoying me, but I'm Yelena in case you didn't know. I'm sure my sister bragged about me huh?"

"She's mentioned you a couple of times, but based on what she told everyone. I thought you'd be taller..."

She grunts.

You saw her trying to hold back a smile so you smiled at her and she smiled back.

You sit there for a couple of minutes in silence taking in the soft smell of the flowers. Yelena looked as if she would start crying any minute so you quickly showed her your socks. You've never mentioned this to anyone but you have a favorite pair of frog socks and this was the best you could come up with.

"Are those frogs?! Stop where did you get them?!" Yelena says enthusiastically.

You were so surprised that your trick worked. She looked so cute and your mind went blank. At that moment, you knew you wanted to see her happy all the time. Her cute smile made your heart flutter.

"I got them on one of our trips to L.A. I went to their Pride festival and bought them from the cutest couple there. They're actually my favorite pair!" You say reciprocating her excitement.

"Be careful, I might steal them in your sleep. Or even worse, I could knock you out so bad you won't even remember about the socks and I'll make it look like an accident. Those socks will be mine, Y/N" Yelena replies with a smirk.