Chapter 14: Festival Aftermath

Brendan joined the rest of the students in the classroom. Izuku walked up to him, "Hey Chaldea?" Brendan turned to him. Izuku frowned, "Are you okay? You seem sort of out of it?" Brendan frowned, "Why do you care? It's not your problem."  Izuku frowned, "It's because we're friends. It's normal for me to be worried about you." Brendan scoffed, "I don't ever remember ever considering you to be my friend. Now leave me alone." Izuku went to take his seat. Kirishima was the next one to come up, "Dude, what was that? I've never seen you actually show so much emotion. And it was all anger pointed towards Midoriya. Just because you lost, doesn't give you the right to be a jerk." Brendan stared at him before letting out a sigh, "It's just a side effect of my quirk. Using that specific power when I fought Todoroki caused me to become cruel. I'll apologize and explain the incident to Midoriya later." Kirishima frowned, "Hey. If that's what's going to happen when you use your quirk, you shouldn't use it as much. I don't want you to become some sort of jerk to your friends." Brendan said, "I still do not consider any of you my friends. And I will use my power as I see fit. It is none of your concern. Besides, that side effect is rare. I will not let it occur again." Kirishima frowned and went to take his seat. Aizawa entered the classroom. He explained that the students would have the next two days off in order to rest up from the Sports Festival and to allow the heroes to send in their offers.

Brendan laid down on his bed after returning home. He let out a sigh, "Today was harder than I thought it would be." His mind went back to what Kirishima had said earlier. He shook his head, "Of course not. He's a fool who understands nothing. I need not concern myself with him." Brendan gripped his chest as he recalled the pain and anger that he felt when he transformed into Jeanne D'Arc Alter. Normally he would avoid an anti-hero transformation, but he believed that he could fight back against her influence. He recalled how he lost the ability to feel long ago when he was training to use his quirk. He was using Atilla's power for a long period of time, causing her influence on him to grow and making him act as cold as they were in life. Because of that, Brendan no longer felt anything for himself. The only things he felt were the emotions of the heroes whose powers he used.

Brendan tried to shift his focus from the pain. He grabbed one of his history books and tried to calm himself down. However, reading just gave him a headache, causing the pain to increase. He laid on his bed, hoping for sleep to overtake him, but it was no use. Jeanne Alter's power had taken over his body. Since Todoroki had forced the separation of powers, Brendan received the backlash. Normally, he could control the pain and emotions he got from using heroes when he separated from them. However, when the separation was forced, he lost control. Brendan groaned. Suddenly, his phone went off. He was surprised. Very few people had his phone number and fewer made an attempt to contact him. He opened the phone and saw that it was a text message from Kirishima, asking if he wanted to hang out tomorrow, since they had the day off. Brendan frowned. He had never hung out with people his own age before. He saw it as a waste of time and thought that other people his age were immature. Brendan let out a sigh and accepted the offer. he figured that it would be better than writhing in pain the entire day. Kirishima quickly texted the details and said that he was excited for tomorrow. Brendan laid on his bed, "What an imbecile."