Prologue: Total Lunar Eclipse

Deanna's POV

May 16, 2027

To The Most Beautiful, Freya.
Written By: Poker

If I ever had the chance to love you again, I would not even dare. If I ever had the chance to love you again, I would just let go of that chance. If I ever had the chance to love you again, I'd rather save my friends. If I ever had the chance to love you again, I'd rather let Spade have you. If I ever had the chance to love you again, this is how the story would go. But this is how our story went, and I wish it didn't ever happen.

The story introduces four male leads named Ace, Spade, Sol, and Jax while the female lead is Freya and her best friend is Athena. It started on their art class period in their senior high school year where they had to pick their class partner from the opposite sex as their whole year partner, and Sol picked Freya as his partner.

"Are you reading 'To The Most Beautiful, Freya'?" I immediately closed my iPad and looked at Pandora, a friend I made when I was employed as interior designer in our company.

"Nope." I said then turned back to my desktop.

"Of course, you are. I mean, I am also reading it and you're a web comic addict. I totally understand, it's the hot issue today." She said as she sat down on the cubicle next to mine, placing a cup of coffee next to her keyboard.

"I get that it's teen fiction but four male leads are just too much. It's too cliché to be the most popular web comics today. Plus, why do the characters have the same uniform as my high school? Even the buildings and hallways are the same." I finally said.

"Maybe the artist used it as her reference?" She said sipping on her coffee.

I grimace at her drink, we have a presentation later for the interior design of the new hotel project of our company, she'll probably feel more nervous than usual with her drink.

Our working hours was finally over, our design presentation went well and got approved, we just have to consider the board's suggestion and my prediction of Pandora being a nervous wreck was right. I signed out on our biometrics when Pandora passed by me.

"Good job today, Dean! Are you going home now?" She asked.

"No. I'm going straight to the hospital. I have to take care of my mom. She recently had a heart attack." I answered.

"Okay. Tell her I hope she get well soon." She replied to which I nodded.

I finally went outside our company and hailed a cab, "To St. John's Hospital, please." I said as soon as I close the door of the cab.

The cab driver nodded and the air conditioning of the cab wrapped around me. I sighed after a long day and looked outside the window. A promotional video of the web comic, 'To The Most Beautiful, Freya' was playing on a large screen. That weird story again. It somehow reminded me of my high school days because of its character's uniform.

My high school days were plain and boring, nothing exciting in particular happened since I always bury my face on a comic book or web comics on my smartphone. I didn't have any close friends since I look like a nerd and a weirdo so I never look back to those years. For me, my high school years were just a fleeting memory. Nothing was worth remembering.

'A phenomena all of us shouldn't miss today. The first total lunar eclipse of this year will happen tonight. You can see this phenomenon at its peak by 8:21 pm.' A newscaster said on the radio that interrupted my thoughts.

I look outside the window and saw the dark sky, the moon wasn't showing. It's only 6:58 pm so I guess it's not time yet. I slowly went back to thinking about that web comic. Maybe I should give it another try. Come to think of it, the names of the leads are somehow familiar to me. But I'm not sure if those were the names of my classmates or schoolmates. The artist of that web comic must be from our school.