Chapter 2: Her Umbrella Guy

Deanna's POV

If I am inside the damned webcomic, I should just be a background character. I should be the character who barely had any lines and blurry face. I wouldn't even make it to the character list and I'm sure of it. There was no Deanna on the character list of 'To The Most Beautiful, Freya'. So why did one of the male leads choose me as their art class partner?

I kept looking at the guy beside me. I was literally staring at him unbelievably. How does this guy even know my name? This guy is Sol and if my memory is right, it said on the webcomic that he chose Freya as his partner. And that's how it all started?

I looked at Freya who sat in front of me, with Spade as her partner. If Sol doesn't end up being partners with Freya that means the storyline of the webcomic won't be followed and will be changed. Does that mean that I can't go back to my reality?

"No! I have to go back to my life. I still have a project to work on." I said to myself.

I immediately stood up and slammed my palms against my table which earned all of my classmates' attention. Deep inside me, I cringed. But as a full grown adult, I have to endure everything.

"Sir, I don't want to be partnered with him. I think Freya and I have to switch partners." I said with conviction. I can't let anyone change the storyline of this webcomic.

"Is there a problem with Mr. Solitaire, Ms. Deanna?"

"N-no, Sir. But I think Freya and Solitaire should be partners." I said.

"Your request is denied. You don't have sufficient reason to switch partners with Freya." The teacher said.

I saw Freya and Spade looking at me. Spade had a questioning look and Freya had a confused one while the guy next to me was worried. Why is he looking at me like that? I should be the one worried.

I sat down frustrated. Accepting that I cannot change this now. I sighed and started to pull my hair again.

"Why did he even choose me? What will happen now? How will this affect the webcomic? Ah! Curse this webcomic!" I started talking to myself.

"What webcomic?" The guy beside me asked.

I looked at him, my body still crouching and my hand still gripping on my hair. Should I just tell him that we're inside a webcomic? That everything here is all made up by a webcomic artist called Poker? Since he just ruined the storyline by choosing me as his partner. But won't that just make it worse?

I sighed and shook my head in defeat. I have to protect their mind and consciousness. After all, ignorance is a bliss. And I bet he would just think I'm crazy if I tell him that we're inside a webcomic.

How did I even got transported in this webcomic? Who is the webcomic artist anyway? The pen name of the artist was Poker. I'm sure they are just around here too if they got the inspiration from these guys. Maybe they are a fan of these four male leads. Then it must be a girl? A girl with really good drawing skills! That's how she can be a webcomic artist!

I have to find Poker and ask her how did I get in here! She must know the answer.

It's been a week since I became vigilant to all the girls in my class. I tried looking at their notes that may have any kind of their drawings but I never came across one. Our art class also doesn't help because our teacher always had his lecture for a week straight now. And it's been a week straight where I had to sit beside Solitaire each art class period who was always quiet.

I had no idea how to find the artist, the only option that I have in mind now is to wait for our performance in our art class to see their output or try to recall any memories I had when I was in high school in the past. The four male leads and the protagonist seems to be the center of the universe in this webcomic.