Chapter 16

I gripped on the hem of my dress as I dumbfoundedly stared in my surroundings.

The sun was shining so bright that it hurted my eyes. The birds were chirping loudly and I could hear the fluttering sounds of the leaves as the wind passed by. The scent of roses planted on the garden made me reminisce my times on the mansion.

I pinched my cheeks to know if this was not a dream.

It hurts.

I glanced at Hans standing at the back and he gave me a smile as if he’s congratulating me. I can't believe I receive that kind of smile for a small thing like this.

“W-why…”

He looked at me and shrugged.

“Didn’t you always wanted to go out? You’ve been pestering me about that so I let you out.”

I quickly removed my sandals and lifted my skirt.

“Hey!”

I wanted to complain that he should have just let me home but this is good enough too.

I ran as fast as I could around the garden feeling the wind that passes through my skin. It felt nice.

I laid down on the grass and closed my eyes. Even with my eyes closed, I could still feel the brightness of the sky and my surroundings.

“This is the best. Vitamin D.”

“Your clothes are being soiled. Stand up.” I ignored him and I smiled inwardly. I could feel the tips of the grass on my skin.

I’m kind of wondering if the grass is clean like there are no animal poop or something because that would just make me feel bad instead.

What a way to ruin my mood.

“Can’t I just camp out here?” I opened my eyes and I was flustered when I saw his face near mine.

“W-what the hell are you doing?”

He suddenly stood up and rubbed his neck. “I was just looking at your eyelashes. The color is quite.. unique.”

“Oh! Now that we’re in a bright place, look! Look properly on the color of my hair!” I grabbed my own hair and pointed at it.

“Clearly, it’s not black!” I wanted to emphasize that it's in a dark violet color not black but he didn't say anything.

He gave me a look of ‘what are you saying, are you blind’.

Geez. Are you blind?!

I didn't say anything anymore since I felt like it would just drag further and I'll just tire myself more.

I was in such a good mood for days already since he changed my prison cell into a dry and less bloody one and he even let me out today for a walk.

"If I knew that you'd like it so much, I should have done this earlier."

"Then you can let me go home now, since I'm already informing you about it as early as I could."

He turned his back and walked away.

He's pretending not to hear me.

"Haaa."

What if I really get used to living a prison life? My parents aren't even trying to find me. Did they even realize that I was gone for a long time already? Aren't parents supposed to be worried at this point?

It's not like I'm just staying at a friend's house for one night. Well, technically I'm at a friend's house for a long time.

"Why do I feel like there's love in the air?"

I glared at Hans. I'm not dense enough to not know that he's pertaining to us.

"Don't say something as scary as that. If there's love in the air, then I'm supposed to be at home already by now."

***

I just finished my last batch of exams for my freshman year and I kinda want to cry bc of my careless mistakes. It's too bad that the scores aren't available for viewing yet.

Anyway, thank you for 1k reads everyone! It's the start of my vacation so I can focus more on my stories~