Three

"If you are going through hell, keep going. Why would you stop in hell?"

Steve Harvey

Athena was sat in the back of a car next to Steve

Athena was sat in the back of a car next to Steve. Abraham had asked that she be the one to pick Steve up. Athena figured it would be a good time for him to ask any questions he had. Plus, Athena knew that Vati had Stark to help him set up so she would be superfluous.

"I know this neighbourhood," Steve suddenly told her as he pointed at the alleyway, "I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner." So Steve carried on telling her as he pointed out all the points.

"That's a bad thing," Athena exclaimed, "You're not meant to get beat up regularly. Did you have something against running away? or just something against not encourage somebody to beat you up?"

"You start running; they'll never let you stop," Steve told Athena, ignoring her later question, "You stand up, push back. You can't say no forever, right?

"I know something similar," Athena told him, smiling softly, "having every door shut in your face. People only taking one look at you but not looking deeper than that."

"I can't see why anybody wouldn't want to know you," Steve told her. "you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful... a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful, but..."

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Athena interrupted as she tried not to laugh. Saving Steve from his misery.

"This is the longest conversation I've had with one," Steve told her, "women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on."

"That's ridiculous," Athena scoffed, "you must have danced?

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying," Steve told her, shrugging, "and the past few years just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait."

"For what?" Athena enquired.

"The right partner," Steve told her smiling softly.

"And I promise you will find her," Athena told him, smiling.

When the car pulled up to Brooklyn Antiques, Athena motioned for Steve to hop out of the vehicle. Steve got out and started to straighten his uniform.

Athena climbed out after him.

"Come on," Athena called over her shoulder as she walked towards the front door.

"What are we doing here?" Steve asked.

"I looking to buy a new chair," Athena told Steve entirely seriously, "now follow me."

Athena stepped through the door and held it open for Steve, who was behind her.

The store owner appeared from behind the curtain, "wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" The store owner smiled. But she knew Athena would get it right as she often saw the women disappearing through the shop.