Letter

Dear Artemis

Dear Artemis

We got to see some of the footage that the 'pesky' reporter took. You looked like you were enjoying yourself. I get that you always tell me in your letters that you are happy. But as you know, it is one thing reading it and another thing seeing it. It must be the scientist in me.

And yes, I saw Captains compass. Yes, I think he is rather smitten. But I'm also rather taken with him. Plus, you can't be too rude. I saw you and Sergeant Barnes. So if you start getting too uppity, I shall remind you about him. 

But in all honesty. I'm happy for you. From the few times I had a chance to talk to him, he seemed charming. He also appears to enjoy protecting the weak like you. I know this because of what he was like with Steve. Before Steve was like he is now. I can see that you two make such a lovely pair. I'm just glad that you found someone who makes you happy. You deserve that person who makes you smile when no one else can, not even your sister. You deserve that sort of happiness. Never let anybody tell you otherwise.

My life is far more glamorous than yours. I think we are happier this way around. The last party I went to was fascinating. I heard one german being very rude about the Howling Commandos. I think it might just have been because you destroyed the base he was in charge of. But it was very hard not to walk up to him. Part of him wanted to yell at him, 'that's my sister, isn't she epic!' And another part of me wanted to say, 'that's my sister, so mind what you say about her.'

On a more serious note. I know that Vati would be proud of you. He loved you so much and only wanted you to follow your dreams. And your dream is blowing up HYDRA bases with your boyfriend. And he would be so proud that you had the guts and ability to decide that that was what you wanted to do, and so you went and did it.

Seeing as you will probably complain if I don't tell you more about my mission, I shall now tell you:

I got to go to Venice, Italy. I know that we are at war, but it is so amazing to get to go to so many places that I never dreamed I would actually see. But back to Venice. Phillips sent me there as we had intel that Dr Arnim Zola had been invited. The hope was to extract any information possible out of him. The one problem is that he didn't turn up! This means that Peggy and I had no direct mission, so we could do what we wanted. We, of course, still picked up some intel, but it was much more relaxed and leisurely.

I have even attached a picture of the dress that I got to wear. The one thing that makes me even happier is that I can add this letter because the intel is going to the Howling Commandos, and I know that you will get it faster. As opposed to if I sent it normally, you might never get it!

I can't wait until all of this is over, and we can go to parties together again. And you can wow everybody (but especially your Sargent Banners) with how pretty you are.

Lots of love

Your sister Athena

✯⍟✯

Dear Steve Rogers AKA Captain America

How is my star-spangled man with a plan?

I saw the compass. Before you think anything, I thought it was cute. You seemed so embarrassed when the video zoomed in. It made me smile, though. To know that while I was thinking of you, you were also thinking about me. It also explains why you wanted a picture of that size. Am I allowed to admit that I hoped it was something along those lines? I put the picture I requested of you in my locket. You are on one side, and my family is on the other. It means that I can keep you close to my heart at all times!

How is destroying HYDRA going? You seem to be enjoying it. I think having a purpose has helped you. And didn't I always tell you to follow your heart? Look where it has gotten you. You are saving countless lives and slowly decimating HYDRA. I'm sure many people had told you this. But I'm proud of you. You are doing so amazingly and making such a change to the world. I think you deserve so much praise for all that you have done and all that you shall do.

To answer your question about my job. I still love it; it makes me happy. My last mission was to Venice, Italy. It's so beautiful! We should go together when the war is over! The task was to get intel from Dr Arnim Zola. It turns out he didn't turn up. It meant that I got to enjoy the party even more as there was no pressure of spying on anybody or worrying about getting caught.

At the parties I go to, I often hear your name. You are making a lot of people very uncomfortable. They keep talking about how many bases you have destroyed. How few people you lose compared to how many they lose. A lot of people are thinking about trying to run from HYDRA. Before you came along, they were invisible, the ones in charge. Now that you have arrived, you have changed the game. You are now the invincible one.

Love

Athena, AKA your number one fan